Hello dear friends! Svetlana here to share with you a couple of tips and techniques I like to use for my projects.
All of us from time to time search through our extensive stash to find something that can work for this specific project and find nothing that we are completely satisfied with. In this case, the best answer to me is to create my own background. I will use this layout and tell you step by step how one can achieve similar result. In this way you can made something completely different and original. It will also allow you to use all the strips of paper that we all love to collect but hardly get to use it.
1. I started by spraying my white card stock with green Perfect Pearl. These sprays are perfect when you want to add some shimmer and only a little bit of color.
2. Once it was dry I made a few bigger splashes here and there with blue glimmer mist. As you can see, I chose green and blue to tie it with the colors of my paper pieces and the embellishments
I planned to use.
3. The next step is to arrange all the paper strips on you layout. You can go for any look you wish to achieve. I placed all the paper strips horizontally. In this way it gives an illusion of the coast line - darker here and lighter there.
4. I also added printed masking tape at some places. I like how it added some extra dimension and interest. One can add a little more contrast by using brighter washi tape instead.
5. Once I was done with that, I started adding another layer. I stamped a few different designs everywhere over my page. It will give a really nice layered look to your project if you overlap different stamps and stamp right over the paper strips.
6. And now to the last couple of things to pull it all together even more. You can use very dark glimmer mist or just some black paint diluted with a little bit of water. Add a few splashes all over the page. You will see the difference immediately. It will also help you to fill in all the spots on you layout that will otherwise remain empty.
7. Blend some distressing ink all over the edges of you page to create a visual frame and you are ready to add your photos and embellish your project.
I hope you will find it useful. Have fun and don't forget to share with us your creations.
You can add your links at our Scrapping Everyday Miracles Chit Chat Facebook Group.
If you are not a member yet you can ask to join the group and in a very short time you will be able to join in all the fun happening over there.
Thank you for visiting us today!
Have a beautiful day!