Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Wednesday in the Word--The Remedy

Read Psalm 147:3-6, Psalm 91:1-6 The Saturday after my daughter's graduation, we were having a family cookout. As I reached into the oven to remove a dish, my arm accidentally touched the door, leaving a long burn on my arm. The day was busy...with much to do, the burn went untreated. Later in the afternoon, the nagging pain finally got my attention. I remembered an aloe vera plant in the front yard--it is nicknamed the "burn plant" for its soothing and healing properties. I cut off a small portion of a leaf, sliced it open, and squeezed the liquid on the fiery skin. The relief was almost immediate. Because I did not take time to apply the remedy earlier, I had needlessly suffered for hours with the sting of a burn... Isn't that typical of many of us who suffer the hurts and bruises of everyday life? We are too busy to apply the remedy that will heal and take away our pain. Jesus said, "Come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28. Regardless of the situation, Jesus is there for us. He is our strength, our peace, our defender, our friend. Allow Him to heal the hurts in your life today! As we walk along life's road, The way grows rough and steep. We're bruised and battered by the world, In brokenness we weep! There is a cure for all our grief, A place that's safe and sure. In Jesus arms, the healing comes; In Him we rest, secure.

3 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

AMEN!

Cara G said...

This is so good Linda....so true!! Thanks so much for sharing this with us!

DebR said...

This is so good! Sorry to hear that you burned yourself, and suffered so much with it until you applied the aloe vera to it...but what a powerful message that came from it. Thank you!