Wednesday, April 20, 2016

My Everyday Miracle. Gas Ahead! by Linda

When my children were small, my husband and I were involved in children’s ministry. We did special programs with gospel magic, ventriloquist dummy, puppet show and chalk drawings. We were scheduled to do a program in Panama City, Florida...There were very few gas stations along Interstate 10 so when we got down to a fourth of a tank, my husband asked the kids to start praying. We looked for miles, but no gas station. Finally, we turned off of the interstate onto a two lane highway...we saw a gas station ahead but when we got there, it had closed down. Now things were really getting serious. We got to the top of a very long hill and the motor stopped...we coasted down the hill and at the bottom, was a larger road and three gas stations. As we coasted into the nearest one, my six year old son said, “Well, Daddy, God said He would provide what we need and we did not need the gas until we got to the bottom of the hill.” “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19

4 comments:

DebR said...

God is SO good to watch over and take care of us. Thanks for sharing this Linda.

Cara G said...

Such a great story and testimony of God always supplying what we truly need when we really need it. Love this Linda...thanks for sharing!

Paula Jennings said...

Wonderful story Linda! I just went through that same thing coming back from Ohio. I was driving my friends SUV and she has all these GPS things sitting on the dash blicking things like gas. When I moved one we were below 1/8 tank. We had to get off the highway as I believe the laat sign on there went something like next gas 53 miles. We got off an exit and there were gas signs for both directions but no distance. I think I also remember the first one being out of business. Praying hard now we did get to one before it conked out totally. When I came home I immediately signed up for AAA for me and my son.

Paula Jennings said...

Wonderful story Linda! I just went through that same thing coming back from Ohio. I was driving my friends SUV and she has all these GPS things sitting on the dash blicking things like gas. When I moved one we were below 1/8 tank. We had to get off the highway as I believe the laat sign on there went something like next gas 53 miles. We got off an exit and there were gas signs for both directions but no distance. I think I also remember the first one being out of business. Praying hard now we did get to one before it conked out totally. When I came home I immediately signed up for AAA for me and my son.