Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Tips & Techniques for Art Journaling with Karla!

Hi there friends! Karla here, and I was recently making an art journal page, inspired by the amazing and talented Vicky Papaioannou's New Year Art Journal video, and thought I'd make a little tutorial. Sometimes when you look at a mixed media piece it's hard to pull apart the layers and see where to start. It's really not that hard and following these steps you can create your own piece - either in an art journal, on a canvas, or even on a tag.

Here's a look at my art journal page in my Dylusions Art Journal:

And here are some step by step directions to get you started:

I used a  white gel pen to write down my goals around the page. This beautiful script stamp, sequins and stars are from the Believe Script stamp set by Pink and Main.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have you thought of what your goals for 2016 will be? I hope this inspires you to get out some paints and inks and have fun playing!



8 comments:

UMA IYER said...

Such a fun project1
Cheers
Uma Iyer
Krafttime

Karla Yungwirth said...

Thanks so much Uma! It was definitely fun!

Mascha said...

Thanks for the tutorial :-)
Greetings from Germany

DebR said...

I love this Karla! Thank you for sharing this...and the instructions for it!

Karla Yungwirth said...

You are welcome! Wow! Germany! Have an awesome day :)

Karla Yungwirth said...

Thanks so much Debbie!

Paula Jennings said...

wonderful journal! great stamp set you chose and that cute little Gorjuss Girl! I love step by step directions. Today so many are You Tube videos and I have so much trouble following them if I am going to create something using the ideas or instructions. Yours was perfect!
\

Cara G said...

I thought I left a comment before, really...but it's not showing up. So...GREAT journal page Karla...love your goals!