Monday, December 28, 2015

TIPS & TECHNIQUES

Here with a belated post is Paula 
with December's Tips & Techniques.  

I know for me, organization has never been one of my strong suits and it often carries into my artistic endeavors too! 


There was something I learned several years ago which has become a staple to my supply organization, particuarly to my huge and ever expanding paper collection.



So here is my quick tip - 

For everything that is not a particular theme and sorted as such like birthday, western, animals, baby etc. and of course for cardstock and miscellaneous patterned papers is to sort everything by USING THE RAINBOW!!!

ROYGBIV

RED

ORANGE

YELLOW

GREEN

BLUE

INDIGO

VIOLET

I follow this up with my neutrals - 
Black and shades of Grey and Brown, 
and White/Ivory.

I am in the middle of packing to move in 2 days and hope that when I finally get to unpack my art supplies I will get better organized and I know this will be the first line in that process.

I hope that everyone enjoyed wonderful times over Christmas spent with family and good friends and that 2016 will bring in a year of health, happiness and all God's blessings!

2 comments:

DebR said...

What a neat idea this is Paula...thanks for sharing this!

Karla Yungwirth said...

What a great tip Paula! I always find I'm inspired when I sort through my stash and rearranging seems to makes me look on my supplies with fresh eyes!