Wednesday, December 16, 2015

My Everyday Miracle With Karla!

Happy Wednesday! Karla here today to share the Everyday Miracle post with you. I think I'm often so busy with life - activities, kids, and Christmas - especially this time of year that I don't always stop to appreciate the blessings and miracles in my life. One amazing miracle that I am thinking about right now though is my youngest daughter Erica. Her fourth birthday is coming up in a few days. As we prepare for her party it makes me think of how long we waited for her to come. We tried for another baby until just before her older sister, Amie, was 4. At that point we decided it was time to stop trying and be happy we had a wonderful family and focus on us. We got rid of all our baby clothes, toys and crib. About 6 months later we were very surprised to find out Amie would be a big sister after all. Even though there are 5 years between the girls they are very close. I just can't imagine our lives without Erica in it, and I feel very blessed that we had faith that God would lead us down the path we should be on. I know from experience there have been times my life didn't seem like it was going where it should and it was only when I gave up my agenda that it got back on track.

I found this verse from Psalms 139: 13-16 on BibleStudyTools.com that I felt was fitting for today:

13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. 

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, 
16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

I'm once again awed at the miracle of a baby being created as well as reminded that God knows our path before we are even born. 

Here's a layout I created using a photo that was taken by a talented photographer friend of mine about a week after Erica was born. Amie was so proud to be a big sister and we were so amazed at this little bundle that took over our lives and hearts.



Thanks so much for joining me today! I hope you're enjoying these days before Christmas and getting a chance to relax a bit and have a little crafty fun!



5 comments:

Linda Harvey said...

Wonderful devotional! Thanks for sharing.

DebR said...

Beautiful...just a blessing. Love your LO with your girls.

Paula Jennings said...

Wonderful post. And we struggled with years of infertility before our first, especially because of unusual health issues and then in between my first and last there are 6 years. But surely both of my sons like both of your beautiful daughters and all children everywhere are God's awesome gifts! I love the scriptures you chose!

Granmargaret said...

Thank you for sharing this. My eldest daughter Lynda lost her first baby and was told that there would not be any more children. But a few years later her miracle baby Sian was born. She is now 16. Unfortunately Lynda's husband died suddenly when Sian was 12 in the middle of Lynda's chemotherapy treatment for breast cancer. Another miracle Lynda and I are both cancer survivors.
My two daughters are six years apart and have always been very close. My other daughter Angela has 3 daughters, 21, 19 and 7.

Cara G said...

Beautiful testimony and creation Karla!! And such a sweet photo!!