Saturday, August 1, 2015

LOTS OF NEW THINGS HAPPENING AROUND HERE!

First there are two Designers that are retiring this month.  I want to thank them for all their hard work, dedication and creativity as well as sharing parts of their faith journey.

So please say good bye and wish all the best to -


Helen Gullett

Helen has just returned to the United States from a missions trip to Indonesia with her whole family. She has done some amazing things to lead others to our Lord both here in the US and in her native country.  She is retiring from the team to be able to have more time to devote to her missions related work and her beautiful family.  
and
Leah Weatherford Burdgett
Leah has just gotten a new job and will be starting it this month.  She works in an elementary school and helps special needs children.  She also has a wonderful husband and a son who is the light of her life.  She has been a valuable part of the team and we will miss her wonderful posts and awesome work.
 
And coming ON board this month please welcome 


Karla Yungwirth
Hi friends!  I'm Karla - blessed with 3 wonderful girls and an amazing, supportive husband.  We live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, but I'll always be a Maritime girl at heart, as I grew up on the East Coast.  We are a Christian family and work to keep Jesus in the center of all we do.  I've been crafting as long as I can remember! My Grandmothers taught me to sew and crochet and my Mom was always recycling something old into something new for my sister and me.  I started scrapbooking about 14 years ago and cardmaking a couple years later.  Of course that led into mixed media, art journaling and pocket pages, but I still love to make a traditional layout. I love trying new things and have met so many amazing people on this journey! You can find me on my blog at Creative Love Affair


And now for our current challenges - 


First - our layout sketch-







And our card sketch-





and our Scripture focus for this month is

As far as I am concerned, God turned into good what you meant for evil.
Genesis 50:20


So now that we have given you some great inspiration go pull out all your fun supplies and create something awesome to share back with us!






7 comments:

Karla Yungwirth said...

I'm sooooo excited to join the team! So sad to see Leah and Helen go, but I wish you all the best in your journeys!

DebR said...

I'm sad to see Helen and Leah go...but wish them both the best that the Lord leads them into.
So happy for have you Karla on our team!

Melissa said...

Just recently found your site & am joining in with the layout sketch this month. Thanks for the INSPIRATION!

Teresa Arsenault said...

Fabulous layouts and cards, Cara. Thank you so much for visiting my blog.
hugs,
Teresa

Helen Gullett said...

Thank you so much for giving me amazing opportunity to be part of the team for 4 seasons! I am so thankful to have friends God has given into my life through SEM team! I hope I still can play with your challenges in the future! Blessings to you all!!!!

Granmargaret said...

Thank you for the challenge. Lovely work by the design team.
Goodbye to Helen and Leah, I wish you both well.
Welcome to Karla.

Kim said...

Another great sketch challenge & inspiration! Goodluck with future endeavors Leah & Helen and looking forward to being inspired by the new GDT Karla!!!