Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Tips Tricks and Techniques with Cara

I want to share a new technique that I recently tried. It's a window card with stamping around the window. 

I started with a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" card folded at the top. I put the card through a die cutting machine with a circle template to make my circle cut-out. You could actually use your pick of fun die-cut shapes for this technique--an oval, a scalloped circle, a heart, or ????

Then I used some cute floral stamps and stamped around the outside of the circle using a piece of scrap paper underneath. I made sure that I had different sizes of stamps so I could "fill in" where needed. 

This was the stamped outcome. *NOTE: You don't have to use outline stamps that need colored in...you can also try this same technique with solid stamps, still remembering to choose different sizes to fill in.

I used my fun, bright Sharpies to color my images in.

Then with careful placement I stamped the "Happy Birthday" sentiment and colored it in.

And here's the finished product...a bright, fun window card.


I hope I've inspired you to try this fun technique. ~Cara



5 comments:

Purvi Gadewar said...

Lovely card! Great technique!

ike said...

Oh, that is so cool :-D Thank you for showing me this technique :-) I must have a go at that :-D

IKE xxxx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page

DebR said...

Thanks for sharing this Cara...will have to try this.

Paula Jennings said...

awesome job Cara! I will have to give that a try soon!

Papercrafting Princess said...

Cute technique! Thanks for sharing.