Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Technique Share...

Katy here with a technique to share with you...one I have been using for years!

I use cardstock that has a white core...I love this when it comes to sanding or distressing but not so much when it comes to cutting images using my Cricut (or any die-cutter for that matter).

Here's a look at what white-core cardstock looks like when cut...


----------------------------------------------
And...here's my solution...color the edges with a marker! I'm lucky to have a marker for every color paper or cardstock I own so matching colors is no problem but ALSO a darker color sometimes looks even better...kinda like an outline!
-------------------------------------------------
Here's the after picture...what a difference, huh!
------------------------------------------------
And here's a look at my card...


Thanks for stopping by...don't forget to play along with our current sketch challenges...you have 'till the 31st!!!


3 comments:

Cara G said...

Great tip Katy! And I love your cute card too!! Perfect for Valentines Day!! Thanks for sharing with us!!

DebR said...

Great tip...and post Katy!

Paula Jennings said...

great tip Katy. I feel the same way about that white core. I usually ink my edges with Distress inks.