Monday, May 5, 2014

My Everyday Miracle with Leah - May 2014

Hi everyone!  Leah here, sharing with you My Everyday Miracle.  In 2009 I was an elementary teacher.  I was teaching second grade and three days away from my tenure date.  My husband and I had been living in our new home for one year. Our little family of three was healthy and doing great.  Then I was “pink slipped.” (This is the educational term for not having your contract renewed.)  I was devastated.  I kept asking God why. All my friends kept telling me that God has a plan for me.  I could not understand why this happened to me.  Teaching was my life.   I repeatedly sent out résumés with no luck. Five months later, we lost our home and had to move into a rental house.  I felt like my world was falling around me.  I was in my own little pity party.  One day, almost two years later, I opened my Bible and read Proverbs 3: 5-6, 


"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding:
In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."


Those words hit home.  Who am I to ask why and try to understand why this happened to me?  At that very moment I gave it ALL to God.  I prayed that “this” was in his hands and I knew He would take care of me.  Boy did He ever!  Soon I got a job. Nope, not a teaching job like before, but as a teacher's aide working with special needs children in an elementary school.  I never thought in a million years I would do this.  It is a very hard and demanding job.  I love it!  The school also happens to be where my son attends.  I get to see all the “little things” that he gets to do and get a hug during lunch everyday.  Also God placed me with some very amazing Christian women.  They have become my second family.  I know now He did have plans for me.  It all came together when I stopped asking why and just put my trust in him.  Another important thing also happened during this time; I rededicated my life to Christ.  I was baptized. My relationship with God is stronger than ever.

Bible verses that helped me during this time are:  
Philippians 4:13
Jeremiah 29:11 
Joshua 10:25 
Psalm 28:7

--- Leah ---

3 comments:

Vickie ODell said...

Thank you for sharing this personal story. I was a teacher for 30 years with similar experiences in the early years. I didn't get a contract and supposedly my inner-city classroom was closed due to cutbacks. God used my "dismissal" to lead me to teach in a Christian school, which totally changed and enriched my life. May He continue to bless you and your family!

Stephanie said...

What a fabulous journey God has given you! My mother-in-law had a stroke in 2010 and we were told that she did not have long. I quit my job and we filed bankruptcy so I could stay at home with her. 4 years later she just had a new pacemaker put in and is doing better than we are. I think that God knew my job was a major problem of my health and forced me to give it up. I am healthier now thanks to the no stress. Glad you found your true calling in life.

Cara G said...

What an awesome story Leah...God works in such amazing ways! Thanks for sharing this with us!