Friday, March 7, 2014

Heartfelt Inspiration with Cara

As I contemplated about what to share with you for this post, God put on my heart to share with you about NEW THINGS...why?

Well... 1) because spring is (almost) here and every time I walk out my front door...I see this "newness"...



and 2) because we've been going through a lot of NEW things with my daughter Ellie--poor girl...she's had a tough year. She's 8 and has had some health issues come up this year. So to try to get things under control we were led by God to go see a naturopath, who has her on all sorts of new things like digestive enzymes and trace minerals and a new diet (having to give up things she really loves...like sugar). She is also in a Dual language program at her school (Spanish-English) and this year she is really struggling with her Spanish teacher, and also with being a perfectionist. She's acting out a bit more, which is not typical, and having some anger issues...so she's started seeing the school counselor and being tutored in Spanish. On top of this, she's trying some new ventures (activities where she sees it's ok to not be perfect were recommended by the school counselor and principal) like dance (she hated it, but we managed to survive) and coming this month, baseball (wish me luck:)).

My sweet girl...

All that being said, I seriously struggle with change and all these new things are putting me a bit on edge, so God is working in me too..to show me that even though I too am struggling with dealing with many of these new things in our life...that he will carry me...and to show me that NEW things can be good things.

See these references to "new" things in His Word:

2 Corinthians 5:17 
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

Lamentations 3:22-23
Because of the LORD'S great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

Ephesians 4: 22-24
You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds, and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

Romans 6:4
We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.


And to that I say AMEN...I am so thankful that God has made me NEW...and gives me a new chance each and every day to get better at what He wants from me. 

5 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Thankyou for sharing this.. a good reminder for me too.. Thank goodness He does make everything new, fresh and reinvigorated.. and Spring always makes me think of newness too.. all the wonderful fresh flowers He gives us to admire and smell.. how good is that!!??

Nolene Burnett said...

Lovely post, Cara. I am so grateful to you for sharing this. I also need to be reminded often that it is ok not to be perfect and that God is in control. New things and change are things that scare me too but in the end God knows what is good for us.

Robin said...

Thank you for sharing! What a great reminder of the 'newness' that God brings so faithfully into our lives!

Robin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Paula Jennings said...

wonderful post Cara. And your daughter looks just like you. I had some of those issues with my younger son. After getting hit by a car (as a pedestrian) he developed PTSD with some truly intense anger outbursts. He's taking German and has issues with the German teacher. Possibly some of her not typical outbursts have to do with the dietary changes. I can understand removing sugar but I'm wondering if maybe there is a gluten issue or another food allergy of something she is currently allowed to have or just started eating with the new diet that is not agreeing with her. I would be sure to bring that up with the naturopath. I don't know how you (or her) would feel about trying acunpuncture but that may help (and the needles are so tiny you don't feel them at all. I've even had them put in my head. You don't feel them at all. As far as "new" spring has not yet arrived. We have no crocus and no daffodils yet and today was the first day it hit 60. It has rarely even been above 40 and we had so many single digit days this winter that the plants roots are probably frozen under the ground. The only sign of spring we have had so far is the robins arrived a week ago.