Friday, February 21, 2014

My Everyday Miracle with Leah


One of my favorite songs is 10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord) by Matt Redman.  I have it on my iphone.  After my eight year old heard it a couple of times, he asked me the meaning of the song.  I began to explain to him how you can find many reasons to bless God in good times and in bad.  I gave him some examples that an eight year old would understand. This conversation made me think about a coworker, Kim.  Recently she started a blog about what the Lord has put on her heart to share with everyone.  Here is an excerpt from her blog about praising God:

I learned to thank God in the midst of trials when I lost my daughter 12 years ago.  Someone told me as I was going through this horrible time to Praise God.  I'm sure I looked at them like they had lost their mind, but I soon learned to do this.  Believe it or not, I began to feel peace as I learned to praise him in my storm.  What could I have possibly been thankful for during this time?  I was thankful for the people he sent me everyday to care for my family or just to offer an encouraging word.  I was thankful for the outpouring of support from a loving community we call Odenville, AL.  I was thankful for my church family.  I was thankful for mine and Poncho's parents, who stepped up and took over despite the fact that they were grieving also. I was thankful for the loving extended family who loved me through this.  I was thankful that my precious husband and other two children were spared. I was thankful for my 5 best friends from childhood who walked with me each step of the way.  I was thankful for the phone call I received at least 5 times a day from a friend, who had to just make sure I was hanging on.  I was thankful for the nurse who prayed with us during Poncho's hospital stay.  I was thankful for all the other "angels" He sent our way.  Most of all, I was thankful for His strong yet loving hands that carried me through this time.  My list could go on and on. 



When do you praise God?  Do you praise God only when something good happens?  Do you praise him only through trials?  Praise God everyday, every moment.  Find those ten thousand reasons.

Psalm 100:1-5  “Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.  Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.  Know that the Lord is God.  It is He who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.  Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.  For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.”

Romans 8:18  “For I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.”

Isaiah 41:10  “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”


If you would like to read more about Kim’s journey, click here to go to her blogspot:  http://kimbrasher.blogspot.com/
--Leah--

1 comment:

Cara G said...

Love this Leah...such a great reminder to praise Him always...even in those storms! Thanks so much for sharing with us!