Monday, February 10, 2014

Heartfelt Inspiration with Robin

  Just last week I had the opportunity to spend a week skiing in the Rocky Mountains in Montana. I started each morning with a ski devotional written by a precious friend of mine and aptly named Skivos! The challenge each morning was to focus on those "Holy Wow" moments in God's Word while enjoying time in some of God's most beautiful and grandest of all creation. The first day started by just taking time to be still! As a type A personality kind of girl, that is a real challenge for me! Psalm 46:10-11 states,  "Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. The Lord Almighty is with us; God of Jacob is our fortress. To "be still" literally means to "cease striving". Quit being productive. Turn off the accomplishment grinder. Ignore the agenda. Holy wow...can I really do that!?!? 
  As the week progressed, I did get better at taking time to be still and relish all that God has created and for His unending faithfulness and love. After an exhilerating day of skiing, I had the chance to sit in the hot tub to ease the soreness of muscles I didn't even know existed! As I was relaxing in the warmth of the water with a view of the majestic, snow-covered mountains, I began to look at the exterior wall of the house I was staying in. The rocks were all sorts of sizes and pieces; some were large, some small, others uneven, some with flat edges and some with smooth edges, yet together with a little bit of mortar, they created a foundation and stabilizing walls for the house. My Holy Wow moment was so overwhelming! The vision of the rocks brought so many thoughts to mind. First, my life is so similiar; the seasons of my life have sometimes been big, small, irregularly shaped, rough and smooth! But the biggest Holy Wow was realizing that God is the mortar that has 'stuck' me together to make me the person I am today. He has taken all my 'pieces' irregardless of the shape or size and has used them for His glory. The personal intimacy I have with Jesus has taken me through the good times and the tough times of my life!
   In 2 Samuel 22:2-3, David sings praise to our Lord. He says, " The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior."
  In 2 Samuel 22:47, David goes on to say, "The Lord lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be my God, the Rock, my Savior! That is my song of praise as well!


  Thank you for taking the time to read this post! Remember that whatever situation you find yourself in, God is our Rock!
  Psalm 62:6 says, "Truly He is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will not be shaken." This is my anthem!

Blessed beyond measure,
 Robin

6 comments:

DebR said...

Awesome post! Thank you for sharing this...and for this inspiration.

Papercrafting Princess said...

Powerful message! You touched my heart thanks for sharing and Yes God IS my Rock also! Be blessed!

Robin said...

Thank you! Blessings!

Robin said...

Thank you! God is good!

Roberta: Mother of 3 said...

Wonderful post and project, Robin! Thank you for sharing your heart!

Cara G said...

I finally got a chance to read this post Robin...it's such a wonderful postl! Thanks so much for sharing with us...and your layout is beautiful too!!