Wednesday, February 19, 2014

February Guest Designer: Michelle Price

Hello SEM fans! I'm Michelle Price and I blog at simplyprice. I'm an obsessive papercrafter and I love challenges to get my crafty mojo going.  I'm excited to be here with you today to share my love inspired project for the February main challenge, "Love Is In The Air." I choose to use both the scripture and the layout sketch challenges for my layout. I love the idea of LOVE as a binding agent in my family so I choose to focus on that.
I think of binding as a stitching term so I stitched a heart on my layout and also tied some twine around my family picture.
One other fun technique I incorporated is the chalkboard alphabet look. It's easy to get the look by cutting alphabets or shapes out with your electronic die cutter and then use a white pen to draw chalk accents.
Thanks for letting me join you today! Be sure and check out all three challenges this month and get your projects submitted.
~Michelle

5 comments:

Roberta: Mother of 3 said...

Beautiful layout! I especially like the stitching! :)

Lisa H said...

lovely! I really like the symbolism of the stitching too.

Nolene Burnett said...

I love the symbolism in your stitching and twine. Gorgeous layout! Love the layers and stitching.

Michelle Price said...

Thank you ladies!

Cara G said...

Thanks so much for sharing with us Michelle--love this cute layout and especially love that cute stitched heart and your title. Thanks for being our Guest Designer this month at SEM!!