Tuesday, January 21, 2014

January Tips, Tricks and Techniques with Cara

Cara here to bring you this month's Tips, Tricks and Techniques.

I have a severe addiction to washi tape...I LOVE it!! I use it on almost every card I make, and am using it up like crazy. So I did a "Pinterest" search for washi tape ideas...and found this cool idea that I wanted to share using washi tape and punches.

Start with a piece of white card stock and load it up with all sorts of different washi tape (NOTE: if you don't have washi tape, try using strips of patterned paper in a few widths and glue onto card stock).


Punch out shapes with a punch---I used a 1.5" circle punch (or you can use a die cutting machine...so many options if you do this!).


Use the punched pieces on a project. I made a simple card with my washi circles.


I used foam tape to "pop out" the circles a bit. And added an enamel heart, 3 enamel dots and a sentiment stamp. Super fun and easy!

Now ready, set, go...try this fun, new technique!
(I can't wait to use my left-over circles on a scrapbook page...I'd love to see what YOU create!)

7 comments:

Food and thoughts said...

Lovely idea! Where do you get most of you washi tape?

Cara G said...

I've gotten most of mine at local craft stores, but you can also find some good deals online at places like Peachy Cheap or Scrap Steals (but you have to wait for that deal and snap it up right away because it only lasts a day or two or till they run out). Thanks for your nice comment! ~Cara

Helen Gullett said...

This is soooo cool, Cara! Love the tips and trick using washi tapes!!!

Jackie said...

What a cool idea!!! I have loads of Washi but never use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KarenB said...

This is such a fun idea. I think I need to get hold of some washi tape :)

DebR said...

What a neat idea this is! Thanks for sharing this.

Papercrafting Princess said...

Thanks for sharing!