Wednesday, January 22, 2014

In The Word Wednesday: One Way

Hi... Helen's here. It's been few Wednesdays I missed to post here. We didn't have a good start of the New Year, everyone in my family took turn being sick for couple of weeks and I PRAISE GOD for His grace to go through those weeks. We are doing well now :)

But since last 2 weeks ago, it's been hard times for me to concentrate because my thoughts for my friends and families back in my hometown. They got flooded and it's been the worst they ever had! I cannot do anything from here except praying and praying. Finally got to talk to most of them online last week. I am relieved from worries knowing that God is protecting them and keeping them safe. But it is not easy for them because they have lost a lot. But... God is still good.

Thinking for those things that happened, I realize that we only have one way to survive in this dark, messy world. The way is Jesus. 

I came across this post a couple of days ago, and I would love to share with you all today:
One God: 1 Corinthians 8:4 
One Jesus Christ: 1 Corinthians 8:6 
One Holy Spirit: Ephesians 4:4 
One Gospel: Galatians 1:6-8 
One Truth: John 14:6 
One Door: John 10:9 
One Faith: Galatians 4:5 
One Hope: Ephesians 4:4 
One Mediator: 1Timothy 2:5 
One Body: Romans 12:5 
One (who is) Worthy: Revelation 5:4-5 
One (who is) Almighty: Revelation 11:17 
One (who is) Eternal: Revelation 16:5 
God is the one way to all goodness, holiness, love, and everlasting joy. 
God is the chief good—He is in Himself most happy; yes, all good and all true happiness are only to be found in God, as that which is essential to His nature; nor is there any good or any happiness in or with any creature or thing but what is communicated to it by God. God is the only desirable good; nothing without Him is worthy of our hearts. –John Bunyan 
(Source: Meet Me In The Meadow

May God be the one for you today, no matter what happened and will happen. God is the one who can be there for you, will be there for you and always be there for you.

God bless you abundantly today!

1 comment:

Cara G said...

Love this Helen...for me, it spoke to me as I often try to look for joy, peace, or happiness in things or people, but this is such a good reminder that there is only ONE God that all those things come from. Thanks again sweet sister! <3