Friday, September 20, 2013

Tutorial!!

Hi all!  It's Jessica, here today with a tutorial for a technique I used on the card I made for this month's sketch challenge.

The ombre effect is really trendy right now, so I started my card by creating that effect with a mask and spray mists.  I used white and gray mists.

Step 1
Lay your mask over your card base or page.


Step 2
Spray the first color of mist, concentrating the color on one end of your project.


Step 3
Spray the second color of mist, concentrating the color on the opposite end.

Step 4
Remove mask and allow ink to dry.


Step 5
Place paper in an embossing folder.


Step 6
Run through your embossing machine.


Step 7
Take paper out of the embossing folder.  Now you have an inked design and an embossed design for extra depth.


Step 8
Embellish as desired.  I made a baby card with this one.


And as a reminder, here is my card from the sketch challenge.


I hope you try this technique, it is so easy, but really adds to the project.  If you do try this, link back here in the comments so we can check it out!

5 comments:

Tracey Sabella said...

Such a wonderful card and technique!! Thanks for sharing! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace


Kim said...

Love the card!! I love the ombre effect and this is a wonderful technique to attain it with. Thanks for sharing.

Nágela said...

Gorgeous!
Thanks for sharing!
Have a nice weekend!

Lisa H said...

cool technique!!

ShersL84bed said...

fun technique, thank you for the tutorial. Will definitely give this one a try.