Thursday, September 12, 2013

Heartfelt Post-Having a Thankful Heart

Hi Everyone. Cara here today to bring you a Heartfelt post about having a Heart of Thankfulness.

There are days that are really hard. There are days that all I want to do is curl up, read a book and ignore the rest of the world. There are days that I feel overwhelmed and feel sorry for myself. These are usually days that I forget to stop and talk with God...or really even acknowledge that He exists in my world. Because as soon as I turn to Him, my heart starts to change and I can be thankful to Him. There's so much to be thankful for...yes, even in the hard times. My almost 8 year old daughter had a tough day today at school and was asking me about it...."Mom, what do you do when you have a bad day and it just keeps getting worse?" My reply? Change your attitude about it...find something...anything to be thankful for and thank God for those things. Some days that means thanking God for things that seem simple but that we, more often than not, take for granted....like good health, having arms and hands we can use, a roof over our heads, clean water to drink, and some food in the pantry. Those were the types of things that I talked to my daughter about, and we talked about people who don't have those things. Her attitude began to change and she left me with a new perspective...a heart of love and thankfulness toward a God who provides us so much each and every day. Even when we think He's forgotten us...He hasn't. I'm not saying this will always work on an 8 year old (I think I got a bit lucky:)), but hopefully when we're having one of those feeling-down days, we'll remember to still turn to God and tell him thanks for what we do have. 

"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

1 Thessalonians 5:18


4 comments:

Nancy said...

Beautiful post, Cara! Thank you very much! :o)

Lisa H said...

Thank you Cara! I love your post and it is so true.

Kim said...

Wonderful post, Cara, and absolutely spot on!! Thank you.

Tracey Sabella said...

So true, Cara!! Thanks for the reminder! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace