Thursday, August 15, 2013

Heartfelt Post...patience

                                         Hey there it's Christy again.

    I have been trying to figure out what to write for this post for a while now.
 I'm really good with sharing my art but when it comes to what is in my head maybe not so much.

  We are winding up summer vacation here, don't get me wrong, I so very much love my children, but at this moment in time (as it is at the end of every summer vacation) I am READY for them to go back to school. My patience has slowly and surely been eaten away day after day . I always start of vacation eager and excited, looking forward to long days, sleeping in and no planning. It never works out that way though and by the end I am just tired.

  I think it all came to a head yesterday as I was driving my middle daughter to soccer training, trying to jam in all the errands I needed to do before I had to be back and picking her up. Packing the oldest up to get her ready to go back to college (which she does actually today) and keeping a 6 year old entertained and out of trouble. (whew... rambling)

  Anyway here I am in the car, 2 lanes merging into one, when I nearly got into an accident. Totally my fault, I was rushing and grumbling and not paying attention. Of course at first I immediately started complaining about the other driver who had refused to let me merge in front of them, never mind that the very next driver DID let me in, when my 6 year old picked up on it, and anyone who has been around 6 yr olds know; they are great imitators. And I heard myself through her....


  Can you say WAKE UP CALL.  I wasn't going to be late, the store I was going to wasn't about to close, and I actually had plenty of time to get everything done that I needed to. It was my lack of patience that was leading me to this. So what if the driver didn't let me in...

  I took a very deep breath
Psalm 37:7-9 
Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act. Don’t worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes. Stop being angry! Turn from your rage! Do not lose your temper—it only leads to harm. For the wicked will be destroyed, but those who trust in the Lord will possess the land.


Wait Patiently, STOP BEING ANGRY, turn from your rage maybe some of the hardest things to do, but turning things over to the Lord, and accepting that HE will take care of everything in the end.


  It is something we all have to deal with, but in the end we are not dealing alone.

4 comments:

Tracey Gregory said...

So true and great reminder. Driving also brings out the worst in me. I was driving while talking with my pastor on the phone and had to catch myself from yelling at a bad driver..wake up call that I should always be aware of my words!

Cara G said...

Wow Christy, what a great reminder and something I really needed to hear...patience is something I am constantly struggling with. GREAT post!!

Lisa H said...

AMEN Christy! Patience is so hard. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Tracey Sabella said...

Thanks for sharing from your heart and for this great reminder!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace