Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Praise Post

Well I am a day late and a dollar short but better late than never right... It's Nicole and I feel so bad letting you down by not having my post up and scheduled.  I am on vacation in California visiting my family and friends and the days are just blowing by so fast!  So that leads me into my Praise Post....
I just gotta Praise God for Him making it possible for me and my family to come home to California and visit.  It is sooo expensive to come home and mostly because we have to take so many flights to get here.  My Mom, sister's family and brother's family really wanted to have my daughter who is 5 come and stay with them for the summer.  Karianne (my daughter) was talking to my sister on the phone about a month ago and she asked Karianne if she wanted to come and stay with her for the summer.  So Karianne got off the phone and told me guess what I am going to go to California for the summer.  Well to make a long story short... God ended up providing the money for us to do just that!  My husband, me and Karianne all have been able to travel here to California. On top of that Karianne gets to stay an extra month and my mom gets to bring her back to Norway and visit us for two weeks.  We were able to get tickets and figure all this out just 1.5 weeks before we were suppose to leave.  It was really amazing that it all worked out.

Now the hard part is that my husband and I will return different days to Norway and we have to leave our sweet little girl here in California for one more month.  Both my family and Karianne are really happy to be able to get to know her without us being around.  They feel like 2 weeks once a year just isnt enough.  I am so happy that God has given them this time.  So with this Praise Post comes a prayer request that you pray for her safety while she is so far away, pray that she doesnt miss us too much, and pray that as we place her in God's hands that we can have faith that He will keep her safe.  We prayed a lot about this and really have a peace that if God provided for us to come that it was an answer to prayer.  Of course it is still hard when you think Karianne is just 5 years old and will be in a totally different country from her parents.  Part of the reason we could make this decision was that last summer she spent a month alone with my husband's parents in Southeast Norway.  We know our kid and she really wanted this opportunity and of course she is with my family!

Anyhow there is my Praise post... Just praising God that he would provide this opportunity for our family!  Thank you Lord!


3 comments:

Cara G said...

Love this awesome praise Nicole...hope you're having a sweet time with your family:)

Jennifer Earley said...

wow! What a great opportunity for your entire family! Amazing little girl that at 5 years old, she knows she wants to know her family and is ok with being away from mom and dad to do just that! She wil have an amazing life I'm sure! Enjoy your family visit and know that I'm praying for you.

Tracey Sabella said...

It's evident that our Lord helped to get this in place so quickly. I pray that you have a lovely time with your family and that the Lord will surround Karianne with His presence as she is away from you and getting to know your family, and that their time together will make memories that last a lifetime. ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/