Friday, May 10, 2013

Sharing your Miracles.... a new post!

Hello everyone it is Nicole and today I have a brand new post that we are very excited about.  On our Facebook Chit Chat group we often get to hear about the miracles happening in your life... from big life changing things to just everyday joys.  We decided that we wanted to give you our readers another platform to share these miracles with even more people through the SEM blog.  Our desire at SEM is to shout from the Mountain tops about the wonderful God we have!

Last week we asked for your miracles and we were blessed to have women open and ready to share.  This month Kim Shultz will be sharing....


June 16, 2010 was a day that my family and I will never forget.  

It started out as a normal day, with my husband and I headed to work at a local restaurant where we were both prep cooks.

We were driving on the highway when out of the corner of my eye I saw a pickup pull out from the stop sign on a side road.  I yelled, "Look out!" to my husband and that's all I remember.

3 days later I woke up from a drug-induced coma and was told what had happened.  We had been in a car crash.

Later I found out that a hospital chaplain told my son, who was 14 at the time, to plan my funeral.

I was in the hospital at total of 27 days.  During that time I had 4 surgeries: 1 to put a plate in my fractured knee, 1 to put a plate and screws in my shattered thighbone, 1 to put a plate in my broken upper jaw, and the last 1 to graft skin from my thigh onto my forehead because a piece of the skin from it was left on the windshield.

I would later find out that I was given a 40% chance of walking.  I do walk now, sometimes with a cane, and on my worst days with a walker.  I couldn't even begin to put weight on my right leg until 3 months after the accident due to the severity of the fractures.

By God's grace, I'm alive even though the accident has left me totally disabled.

I struggle daily but I try to remember to thank God for those struggles and for giving me more time with my husband, my children, and my grandchildren.

Many people have called me a "walking miracle".  They're right.

God's blessings,
Kim

If you have a miracle that you would like to share with our readers please email us at scrappingeverydaymiracles@yahoo.com or chicky78@yahoo.com  We will contact you to let you know when your miracle will post.  Feel free to share any miracle from everyday little blessings to big amazing miracles.  They can be from the past or current.  Thank you all so much!  God's Blessings!

9 comments:

Tracey Sabella said...

Thanks for sharing your amazing story and how our Lord brought you through this difficult time in your life!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

blsd2scrp said...

wonderful story of God's grace and care! thanks for sharing!

Tracey Gregory said...

Amazing testimony of faith and courage! Thank you som much for sharing!

Cara G said...

What an awesome story of one of God's beautiful miracles!! Thanks to Kim for sharing! Love this new feature...can't wait to hear what other miracles have happened in our reader's lives.

Joan Young said...

Very touching story! Thank you for sharing and also God bless you for seeing God's mercy and Grace in this situation even though you have been left disabled. Many would say the opposite.

Rashedul Islam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lisa H said...

Thank you for sharing Kim! I know God has brought you through so many trials.

Erminia Cavins said...

I can’t begin to imagine what it must have been like on those first few months of recovering. At those times, it’s good to have a supportive group of people to take care of you, both physically and emotionally. Stay strong, and live on.

Erminia

Maggie Malone said...

Accidents like this can bring a big change in how we live. It was good that Kim has recovered from it, but I imagine it must have been traumatizing to her son, who was told to expect the worst. Hopefully he and Kim aren’t haunted by the memory of this event anymore.