Sunday, May 12, 2013

May Guest Designer- Colleen Proctor

Hi everyone it is Nicole and it is time to announce our Guest Designer for May.....
Colleen Proctor!

Hi, I'm Colleen and as my very humorous, sarcastic friends like to call me, Sooofullofcraft.

I'd like to think of myself as a creative woman. I love interior design, writing letters, party planning, travel, singing, shopping, spending time with those I love. My favorite genre of music has to be country! I am the youngest of two girls in my family but lost my big sister Shani from Lupus when I had just turned 21. It was tough on our family but her memory is strong with us. My family has longstanding roots in Santa Paula, CA and I am about 45 minutes north from there up the coast in Santa Barbara which I love and call home. I am a single mom of a teenage son, Drew who is the apple of my eye. I have never been married and look forward to the day where I walk down the aisle and I remain hopeful for that day. I love my church so much, they are a huge family, but a family nonetheless and it's a blessing my son loves it just as much as I do. My nephew, (Shani's son), calls the Ventura Campus of our church, his home church. I just love that he knows God and trusts Him!

In the way of crafting, I have always loved paper. I collected Hello Kitty from Sanrio as a little girl and now... I craft with all kinds of beautiful, fun paper! I love all themes and types. However, I am especially drawn to shabby chic, Parisian, pastel pallets and love papers in little girl and little boy themes. My favorite thing to make right now are paper bag mini albums and I really enjoy making cards & tags. My favorite holiday is Christmas and second is Easter. So, crafting those themes are pretty fun. My start in the pro-crafting arena began by watching YouTube videos and it was all over from there. My mom is my biggest supporter in my crafting hobby and has even added a craft space in her home to join in! My creativity comes from my grandmother and my mom who are both incredibly gifted in the creative department! Thank you for having me GD at SEM for this month, I'm happy to be here!

My information:
Colleen Proctor
YouTube: Sooofullofcraft
Etsy: Sooofullofcraft2012
Email: sooofullofcraft@gmail.com

One of the things that Colleen is so talented at creating is mini albums.  She has quite a few on her blog as well examples on how she created them both step by step pictures and videos. Here are just a few of our favorites. You dont want to miss out seeing the insides of these albums... they are amazing!  Don't forget to come back tomorrow for Colleen's Guest Designer post where she will share her take on the Main Challenge and some great inspiration.  Thanks again Colleen for joining us this month!


6 comments:

Tracey Gregory said...

Love your creations! Thanks so much for joining us this month!

Tracey Sabella said...

So glad to have you join us this month, Colleen. Your mini album is so gorgeous. I can't wait to see your challenge project!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Cara G said...

Awesome mini albums Colleen...so glad to have you as our GD this month...you do great work!

Christy Butters said...

this is beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us.

Helen G. said...

Hi Colleen, congratulations as SEM Guest Designer. So thankful you would like to share your creations with us! They are gorgeous!

Marfa Otano said...

Colleen, congrats on being a GD!!! Your mini album looks adorable.