Monday, May 13, 2013

Guest Designer Colleen Proctor's Challenge #28 Layout


2 Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.”

Hello everyone and I hope all of you moms, mothers, mamas, mums... were showered with love and warmth yesterday!  I just want to say a huge thank you to SEM for inviting me to guest design this month! It is an honor.

For this main challenge I created a 12x12 layout using DCWV new paper stack "Sunday Afternoon", stamps from Heidi Swapp"Memory File", Papertrey Inc.'s "Tiny Tags" dies & stamp set, chipboard from Michaels (covered with glitter to match layout) and Colorbok acrylic pieces "Get well", which was my old piece from my craft stash. This layout represents a little, sleeping me...  A simpler time when worries were few, days were long with countless laughs & tickles and worries of paying bills and being an adult were nowhere in sight.  I'm learning to live this way now as a 39 year old mother of one. *Bump up the amount of laughs per day = check. *Cast all my cares on Jesus = check. *Realize that living for a paycheck or even great success is an empty dream full of shallow hopes = check. *Extend daily gratitude to my Lord & Savior for His love, sovereignty & will for my life = check. This is new, this is a beautiful way to live! It's 100% freedom in Christ.


Colleen Proctor, GD
IMG_0921

4 comments:

Tracey Gregory said...

I love how you captured this sweet moment in time and your great and faithful attitude toward life!

Cara G said...

Love your layout...and your NEW take on how to live life. And that photo's just precious!!

Tracey Sabella said...

I just love your take on this challenge. How you used an older photo of you to represent the new perspective in your life! These papers are just perfect for this photo and what a gorgeous page design! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

sooofullofcraft said...

Thank you lovely ladies for the sweet and encouraging comments.