Monday, April 8, 2013

Guest Designer Inspiration Post- Joan Young


Hello from Australia!
I am deeply honoured to be a Guest DT member for this wonderful blog and I shall go so far as to say Ministry.
How wonderful it is that we can come together with craft/art as our common purpose and celebrate our Lord Jesus Christ all at the same time! It shows that He never lets anything go to wast and uses all to His good purpose.

For this month's challenge, I chose to make a layout of my kitty Monet and his sister Dora. She was named so because this little one had to explore everything and everywhere. Dora is no longer with us, but we still have the company of Monet who is now 8. He is my Fluffy Baby and indeed a very dear friend. He knows just what to do to comfort or cheer me up when I am sad. He seems to know when I am rather ill too and he stands guard and becomes my shadow. All rather sweet really. Sure is a shame I am allergic to him!!! lol


My layout here shows Dora in the top corner and Monet in the bottom right. I remember that day, watching the two kittens playing in the long grass. It was upon finding a whole 4 photos of these two family members that I realised the importance of recording and keeping photos or snaps of our daily lives. I usually pass on an opportunity to capture a moment because I know the picture will look like a 5 second snap shot. But you know, I will change my ways. How many fond memories have I missed out on by passing up the opportunity? Not only that, how many opportunities have been lost now to share that special something that God did that day or in those circumstances?

As you can tell by the way I speak of him, my Monet is my darling and my friend. Now he is immortalised! lol 
I found a quote by Fyodor Dostoyevsky that made me smile and think of Monet. 

Love animals: God has given them the rudiments of thought and joy untroubled. 

This quote made me think of how untroubled animals seem to be, especially my Monet. He finds joy in the littlest of things and contains great wisdom in that he frets about nothing. And so I aimed to capture this notion of untroubled thought and joy in my layout. When was the last time we just let go of our inhibitions and rolled around in the grass and took time to look at Creation around us and take pleasure in what surrounds us daily but we rarely truly see? Wouldn't it be wonderful to be like a kitten and live a life full of excitement, exploration and joy? We can you know. Thing is, we let this problem called 'worry' get in the way and our focus is then turned from what God would have us be most concerned about.

How often do we fret about where our next meal will come from; what will happen if the income earner looses their job; where the money will come from for the big bills and will it get here in time? The Lord says that we are not to worry about such things, for the flowers of the fields are dressed more finely than Solomon ever was and even the sparrows of the air have an abundance of food without toiling. Instead we are to fret for nothing and cast all of our cares upon Him.

So do not worry, saying, “What shall we eat?” or “What shall we drink?” or “What shall we wear?”  For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. 
Matthew 6:31-34

This abundance of worry is something I personally struggle with; sometimes more in certain situations than others. The 'what if' and the 'I know, but' can plague me something fierce. What I do know without a doubt is that our Heavenly Fathers loves me, us, more than we can possibly imagine and there has never been a moment where He has let us down. Nor does He intend to. The thing is, God is always providing for us, giving us those little treats, caring for us in the best possible way. It is usually not, however, until we are in (perceived) dire straights that we see His handy work in our lives and we thus proclaim His faithfulness. Indeed isn't each breath we take a miracle and gift from God in itself?

Again thank you for allowing this opportunity to share with you.
Blessings
Joan

The materials I used for this layout include Distress Inks (Peeled Paint, Spiced Marmalade & Vintage Photo). The bird and butterfly rub-on, patterned acetate, blossoms, stencil and bling are from KaiserCraft. A lot of these are old pieces from my stash, somethings close to 7 years old - like the Basic Grey rub-ons! The large leaves are by Prima with the smaller ones being die cut from a Tim Holtz die.
A little tip for you! The chipboard Mushroom was coloured with Copic Markers and then sealed with Dimensional Magic! An experiment that went right! Whatdoyaknow! l
ol




3 comments:

Buffy Esser said...

Oh Joan this is so pretty,all the flowers! your kitties are so beautiful!

Tracey Gregory said...

Beautiful layout and inspiring post! I struggle with those same issues,Joan and these are powerful scriptures.Thanks so much!

Cara G said...

Love your special layout Joan--such pretty fall colors & cute photos of your cats. Also love the message you've shared with us :)