Sunday, April 7, 2013

Guest Designer April

Hello everyone!
I am really excited to announce our Guest Designer for April... Joan Young
Here she is and a little bit about here...

My name is Joan Young and I am a Christian/Australian wife and mother. I have been married to my White Knight, John, 14 years this year. We have two adorable sons, Elijah and Caleb.

My crafting is a release for me - a way to express myself, my deepest feelings and thoughts. I find art/craft to be extremely therapeutic and I often require Christian music to be playing whilst I create. I 'talk' to God quite often as I create a project. I will sit and ask (sometimes out loud! lol) "Ok Lord, what colour should I use here?" or "Lord I am a bit stuck here, what do You recommend I do?" And you know, before I have finished asking there is often a clear idea in my head; usually something way of left field!

I love to have a play and experiment. I say to people who ask, that I don't really have a clue as to what I am doing. My hands just seem to do all of the work. Many don't believe my but it is true. I just play and have fun. The second that it is not enjoyable or an idea isn't coming together I stop, whether it be for 5 minutes or a day. More often than not I was going in the wrong direction, or I am simply tired. 

Distress Inks are my favourite product and dies are my favourite tools, along with my hand held distress tool. I have recently given in and finally tried Texture Paste. Oh my goodness! I think everything I make will not only be covered in ink from now out, but quite possibly texture paste too!

I also don't usually have photographs in my layout or creations. I love to illustrate scripture on canvases or pages and hang them on the wall. I find a deep intimacy of expression when I create a layout around a Psalm for example. It feels like I am sharing something deep of my heart.

Check out Joan's blog  ebonygracedesigns.blogspot.com.au


Make sure you stop by again tomorrow to see Joan's Guesti Designer Inspiration post....

3 comments:

Tracey Gregory said...

Welcome,Joan! We are so blessed to have you!!

Joan Young said...

Thanks Tracey! xo

Cara G said...

Beautiful projects Joan...so glad to have you as our GD this month!!