Thursday, March 28, 2013

It's So Cool I Have to Share...

Hi all!  It's Jessica here, and I have an "off the page" project to help display your kids' artwork or even your own layouts!  A few years ago, I was inspired by an article in a magazine by Jessica Sprague that showed signs with clothespins to display your kids' artwork.  I loved the idea and decided to do something similar for my own kids.  I only had 2 kids at the time, and made signs for both of them.  I have since had two more and have made signs for them as well.

I used my Cricut to cut out the die cuts on the face of the signs.  This is also a great use for those 6x6 papers or mat stacks!


You can see on these two how they look with artwork hanging on them.  Elizabeth's sign uses letters that were beveled on top, so I just painted them instead of adding the patterned paper to their faces. 



Here is my most recent creation.  If you would like to see the full instructions, you can find them on my blog here.


6 comments:

IrinaR said...

Great idea! The children are probably very happy and proud to show their work

Tracey Sabella said...

Such a great idea and a beautiful way for their art work and special papers to be displayed!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Tamika said...

Those are beautiful signs I did one for my daughter a while ago http://jojojorenee.blogspot.com/2013/02/my-little-dyi.html

Cara G said...

These are adorable Jessica...what a fabulous idea! My daughter loves her art...so we'll definitely be doing this asap! Thanks so much for sharing with us!

Christy Butters said...

oh this is too awesome. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Helen Gullett said...

Jessica, it is so cool. I need to make it for my girls :)
Thanks for the inspiration!