Thursday, March 14, 2013

Heartfelt Inspiration

Welcome scrappers, its Toni here, very excited to share with you my very first official post as a DT member.
First of all I would like to acknowledge the newly chosen POPE Francis as the leader of the Catholic church. As my son attends a Catholic church, this is a significant day in time for us.
While on the subject of my son's school. The first Parents & Friends meeting was held for the year a couple of weeks ago. It came to my attention that with the longest standing contributing P&F member stepping down as they have now got all their children in High School, that I now became the longest current member. Lane is in Grade 5 this year, and has been at Sacred Heart school since he was in Prep. So this is my 6th year attending meetings. I have only ever missed 2 meetings in this time.
I am quite proud of this and aim to keep up as Hunter will eventually attend the same school, which by the end of his primary schooling, will put me at 14 years. (Plus the High School P&F in there too.)
Anyway, I'm getting off track. We always start our meetings with a wonderful prayer asking for assistance and guidance from the Lord with the discussions and decisions made throughout the meeting. At this first meeting however we were introduced to the Virtues Project "Prayer in a Box".

Bringing Virtues to Life

The Virtues Project is a global grassroots initiative to inspire the practice of virtues in everyday life. The Project is sparking a global revolution of kindness, justice, and integrity in more than 95 countries through its facilitators and Virtues Connections.
The Virtues Project empowers individuals to live more authentic meaningful lives, families to raise children of compassion and integrity, educators to create safe, caring, and high performing learning communities, and leaders to encourage excellence and ethics in the work place. It has inspired and mobilized people worldwide to commit acts of service and generosity, to heal violence with virtues.
The Five Virtues Strategies awaken the gifts of character, through inspiring programs, books, and materials that help us to remember who we really are and to live by our highest values.
The Virtues Project was founded in Canada in 1991 by Linda Kavelin Popov, Dr. Dan Popov and John Kavelin. It was honored by the United Nations during the International Year of the Family as a "model global program for families of all cultures".
------ Copyright The Virtues Project International.
So as the box was passed around we were all asked to "let our fingers guide us through the stack to our Virtues Reflection card".
Ok, well, now I have to admit that I'm a simple person. As one of the last people to pick a card, I decided early on that whatever card was at the front of the pile I would take. When it got around to me, I picked the one at the front without looking. When we were all allowed to sight our cards I was stunned with the Virtue in front of me. CREATIVITY!
Now earlier on that day, I had pulled my Cricut out for the first time in almost 2 years. I was having a great time playing with it again. Everyone at the meeting knows very well that I am a Scrapper, so the were just as touched by this message from God as I was.
Tonight (Yes, its quite late in Australia as I type and post this) as I'm trying to get this together I was struggling with how to share these awesome Virtues Reflection cards with you. Honestly I felt a little overwhelmed to make sure I got this post just right for you all. So, I got onto the Virtues website to find out more information. While I was looking around, I found a link for me to "pick a Virtue" card. After saying a little prayer, I clicked on the link and guess what popped up - PATIENCE!

I believe this was a sign to let myself flow with this post. To not worry about it so much and to just share these with you.  

Their website has them for sale OR you can even download the iPhone/iPad APP!!
I myself do have the APP and enjoy using it now. :)

Thank you very much for taking the time to let me share this post with you! The Virtue Project Reflection cards have become something close to my Heart over the last couple of weeks. So I truly hope you will get some great inspiration and healing too from them!

To sign off tonight I would like to share with you the writing on the back of the CREATIVITY Reflection card.. Thanks, Toni...

The Practice of Creativity

I treasure my imagination.
I am innovative solving problems.
I take time for inspiration.
I entertain my dreams.
I remember to play.
I develop my gifts through learning and disciple.
I dare to be original.




6 comments:

Tracey Gregory said...

What a great concept,Toni! Such a perfect card for you! Thanks for sharing this with us!

Lisa H said...

I love the Creativity card! It is indeed perfect for you (and me too I think!)

Svetlana Austin said...

Toni thank you for such a beautiful and inspiring post! you did really good job with it! God is in control of our lives and I think that He knew I needed your post more than mine (and possibly some one else). thank you again for everything!

Monika Ozdoba said...

Hello, Hun!
So lovely! ♥ Why don't we follow each other? :)

Hugs,
Monika

Marjolaine said...

Wonderful post Toni, so glad you are on the team!

Cara G said...

Great post Toni...and I love that God gave you the Creativity card...it truly is a blessing!