Thursday, February 28, 2013

It's So Cool I Have to Share...

Cara here to bring you today's COOL idea! I have really been loving Pinterest for all the great crafting inspiration it has...there are so many great ideas out there. One of the ideas that really caught my eye was a folded circle idea that I knew I just had to try. I love my circle punches, and this is a great new way to use them!

Here's a close-up of this fun technique:

It's super easy...here's how to do it:

1) Punch two circles of the same size...make sure one of them is on a double-sided paper.

2) Use a pencil to make a square inside the circle...these will be your fold lines.
*NOTE: You can make the pencil lines a lot lighter than mine & erase them after you're done folding if you wish.

3) Using a stylus (or a scoring tool) and a ruler, score along the lines so you will have a nice crisp fold.

4) Fold up the edges & place this piece on top of another punched circle.

So easy, but such an awesome look! 

And here's my complete layout!

Hope I've inspired you to give it a try! Happy Scrapping!!

13 comments:

PaulaJ said...

beautiful layout!
love that technique. I am going to have to try it out ASAP.

Marjolaine said...

very cool technique, a must try for sure and your layout is beautiful!

Christy Butters said...

This is so neat, It looks like the Cathedral Windows pattern in quilting.

Lisa H said...

That is a great idea! LOL Christy, I thought of it looking like a quilt pattern too. It looks really neat.

Tracey Gregory said...

Really cool look!

Susan Strawser said...

Wow - looks a lot more complicated. I'm going to have to do this this weekend.

Tracey Sabella said...

So beautiful!! Great idea! Thanks for sharing! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Sherri said...

Cute Cara!

Connie said...

What a cool, fun, easy technique! Thank you for sharing!

Paula F.P. Simionato said...

Very bright idea for this technique. Love it

Lynette said...

This is such a cool idea...I am going to try it.

Helen Gullett said...

This is indeed so cool! Thank you for sharing this trick :)

Anonymous said...

An important focus for Marketing companies is to increase exposure of a website is not enough to know
what type of code is being used to create your anchor-text seem natural?
Take advantage of the current popularity of pod casts by video taping or voice recording a marketing message.
Its the quality of my writing will improve dramatically.


Look into my site; best search engine rankings