Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

I know Valentine's Day is still a big day for so many couples, but here in the Funk household, we do things just a little different.  D and I started celebrating the holiday with the girls a few years ago.  Nothing too fancy, sometimes flowers, sometimes a date, but more times than not dinner at home with dessert, pop out of champagne glasses, and sweet love notes at each spot.

I thought I'd change it up just a bit this year and create a little something for hubby.  Not sure if he'll appreciate it as much as I, but I'm hoping he realizes the thought and love that went into it, and know how happy he's made me with this little life we've built together.   

Here is what awaits the best guy I know.  Using regular card size envelopes glued together, I've created 14 tabbed inserts.  Each one celebrates 14 Everyday Moments of Us.













Mostly Chic Tags, and Cre8tive Cre8tions product used with random bits from my stash.
This makes me happy to look at!  Our life together is not perfect, and sometimes it's far from it. But at the end of the day, we know that we both want to stay true to the promise we made before God, our family, and our friends to love and honour one another until death do us part.  All this in between stuff: kids, work, chores, getaways...it all works together to give us a sweet little life.  Blessed we are.

Happy Valentine's Day friends!

9 comments:

Tracey Gregory said...

This is a great idea and he will love it! I made a canvas for my love and hope he likes it!

blsd2scrp said...

this is really great! love it!

sooofullofcraft said...

This is so gorgeous, creative, crisp and full of talent. I love it!

Tracey Sabella said...

What an amazing project. Looks like you have so much fun together. I hope he enjoys it!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

PaulaJ said...

what a beautiful book and tribute to your marriage!

Scrapper Myra said...

I am sure he will love it (or loved it already). Great idea. And let me tell you a secret: nobody's life is perfect.

Cara G said...

What a sweet gift for your DH Sherri...it is beautiful!

Marjolaine said...

Amazing album Sherri!

Helen Gullett said...

What a sweet, beautiful and creative album, Sherri. I love the way you put a tab on each page. Thank you for sharing this blessing with us.