Thursday, January 24, 2013

Vintage/Shabby Flower Technique


Hello from the Berkshires of Massachusetts, USA !
I would like to share with a tutorial for making a vintage/shabby style flower as seen below:

 

You can mix and match the layers you like,
 I used a crocheted doily,
cut a pattern out of lace,
 a punched  circle from a book page,
 a paper doily,
a small paper flower and a small edging of lace.
 Part of the shabiness is mixing
it up.







Here it is used on a layout:
This was inspired by a sketch from Tammy Henderson and features my daughter and my niece, my 2 favorites girls in the world. When my sister-in-law was pregnant, my daughter was worried that she wouldn't be as special to my Mother (Grammy) anymore and I could tell she was trying to hide her jealousy.

When Vivien finally arrived we drove down to see her. When Naomi saw her, she started crying with emotion and said,"I had no idea someone could be so small and so beautiful!"
God has a special design for each of us and loves equally, even if sometimes we feel others are receiving a little more of his favor at the moment. 
Take heart and remember:

For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.
Psalm 139-13-16

11 comments:

Sherri said...

Tracey, this technique/tutorial, photo, and story are all so beautiful. Wow, you have definitely raised the bar! Thanks so much for sharing.

Cara G said...

Love this technique Tracey...your flower is beautiful. And I love the sweet story of your daughter and niece too.

PaulaJ said...

Tracey this is absolutely stunning! Love your flower and the layout is wonderful!

Lisa H said...

beautiful!!

Tracey Sabella said...

Gorgeous page, Tracey and thanks for this amazing flower tutorial!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

jannekevanveen said...

wow amazing!!

Izzy Anderson said...

Absolutely scrumptious!!

Nicole Brenna said...

This is amazing! Wow!

Marjolaine said...

Wow, I love this! I can't wait to try it and your story is precious!

Joan Young said...

Lost for words. Beautiful story, beautiful art. God bless you

Tamika said...

Just beautiful the flower & story!