Thursday, January 31, 2013

So Cool I Just Had To Share

Good morning, Sherri here to share with you a technique I discovered last week that I thought was "so cool, I just had to share".  Coffee Filter Ruffles.  You can see the link that I first discovered here.  I was so inspired by it, that I just had to give it a try right away so I could share it with today.

These are the images that got me so excited.
Cut the centre out of a few stacked coffee filters


To create your own ruffles follow these easy steps.  Grab a few coffee filters, and cut out the centre.  I'm saving my centres to use on another craft someday.  So I had to give it a try for myself.  I thought the ruffle layers were a little large though, so I cut them in half, both lengthwise and widthwise.

 I then grabbed a handful of Studio Calico Mr. Huey's 
and began dying the ruffles one at a time.

 End result looked like this.  I did end up adding an extra shade of green.  

You'll notice that the coverage is a little splotchy in some areas. 
I decided not to worry about it, but just to go with the flow.

Using double sided tape I covered the bottom, front of the card and began layering.  
I snipped off the parts of the ruffles that were over hanging.
To finish it off, I simply added a couple little embellishments, 
and voila, a happy little card to add to my stash.

Have you ever seen a tip/technique or any idea that got you so excited you had to try it right away.  If so, link us up we'd love to see what inspires you.

17 comments:

Tracey Gregory said...

What a great idea! I have been loving the ruffle trend but have yet to try it-this is easy and beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Lynn Le5 said...

Super cool! Thanks for sharing.

blsd2scrp said...

awesome! love this! what a cool technique! TFS

Lisa H said...

I love it!! Thanks Sherri.

Marjolaine said...

very cool technique! can't wait to try it!

glorygirl said...

Loooooove this! And, much cheaper than the packages of crepe paper ruffles on trend right now!

PaulaJ said...

VERY CUTE! My coffee pot uses the cone filters though so I don't have any of those around. :(

Susan Strawser said...

Thanks for sharing - these are so cute. And coffee filters are so cheap. I think I have some in the drawer that aren't being used since I changed to a Keurig!

Your card is adorable.

Helen G. said...

THIS IS SO COOOOLL! Thanks for sharing. I am so thankful that I can learn from talented creative CT members here :D

Cara G said...

Such a cute idea Sherri...thanks for sharing with us!

Kelly said...

What an awesome idea! I have a ton of those!! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Karen Letchworth said...

I really LOVE this technique, and will have to give it a try. Also, I appreciate the sweet comments your DT has left on my blog, and I'm looking forward to entering your next challenge.
Blessings,
Karen
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sandie Edwards said...

What a brilliant idea, I adore it .... gorgeous card too!

mgpm said...

Really sweet!!! :)

Tamika said...

That's so cute on a card,I've seen it but never tried! TFS