Monday, December 31, 2012

Restore! Praise Post

As the New Year approaches, some of us are already setting  new goals/resolutions. The most common goals are to 1. Lose weight, 2. Get Fit, 3. Better Job, 4. take up or restart a new Hobby. These are all great resolutions I have to say I see 3 of my own goals posted. Most of us start our resolutions but because of life's unexpected changes we are unable to complete our goals.
Well I have decided a really easy goal (commitment) for myself, and I would love for you to join me in that goal. For the past 2 years I have chosen a word to I want to say be encouraged by. In 2011 my word was GROW, and that year I rededicated my life to the God. In doing so I was able to see how God's hand in my growth. In 2012 my word was STRONG this for me was a difficult word, but I knew that my God would give me the strength to overcome any obstacles that may come and believe me 2012 was not an easy year for my family and I. With only my income to support the family, there were many times I wondered how much more must I endure, but all the while God gave me strength. I would be reminded of my word and the verse from Psalm 31:24 So be strong and courageous, all you who put your hope in the LORD! I have chosen my word it's RESTORE, you see I want to allow God remove all the layers that bind my heart, my mind and my spirit. I want Him to continue to molding me, because I know that HE is not yet finished with me. I want to continue growing, continue gaining strength and want to be Restored! Oh I know it's not going to be easy, because it means that He will break down the walls, but I know that in the end of the restoration process there will be a joy that will be unimaginable. There will be a testimony as to what the Lord has done in my life. So today I ask you to make a commitment, not so much a goal choose a word that will encourage you daily through out the year. Maybe you can create a project to encourage you make it visible. Remember that the Lord our God is your Strength. God Bless you all, and may this coming year (2013) bring you the desires of your heart.

6 comments:

Susan said...

Delores...thanks for sharing. This gives me food for thought :D

Marfa Otano said...

I love your post. Theres a lot that I could say, but the words are not coming out. I'mglad that I found your post tonight.

Tracey Gregory said...

I love this! Last year my word was "Faith" and I made a layout and hung it in my bedroom so I could see it everyday and reinforce me for whatever lies ahead. Very thoughtful post!

Marjolaine said...

Last year my word was surrender...and that was painful! Beautiful post Dolores, thanks for sharing your heart,

Cara G said...

What a great post Dolores...definitely has be thinking about what my word could be. Thanks for sharing!

Sherri said...

Beautifully written post Dolores. How wonderful to see your strong faith and humility shine through as you've allowed the Lord to work in and through you regardless of the circumstance. Happy New Year friend xoxo