Thursday, December 13, 2012

Heartfelt Inspiration

Hi there, Marjolaine here with this month's heartfelt inspiration. Last Friday I had the awesome pleasure of meeting one of my fellow design team members while visiting her home province of Manitoba Canada. It's a place I go once a year for one day and I have to admit that it hasn't been the most exciting trip in the past and I don't usually get excited about going back...until now. This time I got to share a piece of cheesecake with one of my new on-line friends, Sherri Funk, and I can't wait to go back next year so we can do some scrapping together! I have been getting to know Sherri  because of the design team here at SEM and what a blessing to have met her in real life! And it would be so awesome to meet everyone on the team, but I don't think that trips to Israel and Africa are going to happen anytime soon for me!


One of the things we talked about was how sometimes we feel closer to our on-line friends than our "real friends". I've been thinking about this a lot the last few days and have wondered why. Perhaps with Sherri and others like her it is because we share the same faith and the same passion for scrapbooking. They even understand my desire to combine those two things together. It's not that I don't have friends where I live, but I'm so amazed at the friendships I've made with people all over the world through the Internet. I've also been able to re-connect with girlfriends from my childhood, which has been a huge blessing.  Yes there are lots of dangers on the Internet, but for me it has been mostly blessings and I am very thankful for old friendships as well as new ones. It is such an honor to be part of this design team...to be part of a group that listens to each other and prays for one another...it's truly a special thing!


So my question is...does anyone want to go out for cheesecake?!!


3 comments:

Sherri said...

I adore this post Marjolaine, not just because I am a part of it but because it was something we shared together, and it means a lot to me that you totally understood what I was talking about. I love that you've let others in on our conversation, and have started the wheels turning for others as to why it is we can feel this way when we are surrounded by people all the time. It was truly a pleasure meeting you irl. I thank the Lord for bring all of us together here on this team, and for those I've met in the FB group. You ladies are sincerely a blessing to me.

Tracey Gregory said...

I would love to meet up for cheesecake! Give me a 10 hour head start,OK?
I can relate to your post as well. I used to think online "friends" were not as real as the ones you see everyday but I, too, feel blessed by the wonderful,talented and passion-filled friends i have made. It is indeed something very special.

Cara G said...

Love this Marjolaine...and it's so very cool that you and Sherri were able to meet in person!