Thursday, November 29, 2012

So cool I just had to share...

Hi everyone, Marjolaine here with a technique that is so cool I just have to share! I love making my own flowers, especially ones made with fabric, ribbon or paper. I don't usually have Glübers on hand and they can be costly when you make a lot of flowers and with this technique you can have the perfect size every time! I learned this technique from Marie Browning at Tombow  and I've been using it ever since!
 
To start you will need a piece of scrap cardstock and some Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue.
 
 
Using your Mono Multi Liquid Glue, make circles in your desired size. I used the broad tip for these bigger circle and I use the pen tip for smaller ones. A thin layer of glue is all you need.
 

Allow to dry completely, it doesn't take long but I always make these first so I can work on something else while they dry.
That's it for the cool technique, now on to use these awesome handmade glue dots!
 

 
Using a strip of fabric, twist the end and adhere it to the centre of your glue dot.
 

                          Continue to twist your fabric as you roll it around creating your flower.
 

 
Cut around your flower and you're done!
 

I like to make them in batches...
 

 
and then I use them in my mixed-media or scrapbooking projects.

 
For this one I used two different May Arts ribbons twisted together, I just love how it turned out!
 
Well that's it for me, I hope you enjoyed my so cool I just had to share technique.
Be blessed today and don't forget to look around for everyday miracles!


8 comments:

Lynn Le5 said...

Very cool! Love it!

Christy Butters said...

Oh very cool!!!!

Buffy Esser said...

that is really cool, thanks for sharing!

Tere Azua said...

Love it!
Thanks for sharing!!!

Tracey Gregory said...

Great ideas! Thanks for letting us know!

Lisa H said...

that's a great technique! I wonder if there are other glues that do that?

Rochelle Spears said...

so cool!!! I used some glue in a class before for this same purpose and I loved it!! I wanted to buy the glue sooo bad but I couldn't remember what we used! So thank you so much for this information!!! :)

Cara G said...

Love this idea Marjolaine...thanks for sharing such a fun technique!