Monday, November 26, 2012

Praise in Season

Here in Manitoba Canada winter is in full swing.  Homes are covered in a soft fluffy layer of snow.  Nights have moved from cool to down right chilly, the puppy needs his coat to go outside.  And the mess from snow covered boots is a constant scene at the back door.

As much as I dislike the cold, the change in seasons is always something that cries out that God has a wild imagination, and gives good gifts to us day after day.  Think about it, He could have created a black and white world, or even all grey for that matter, we never would have know any better.  But He didn't.  Daniel 2:21 reads "He changes times and seasons..." and Psalm 104:16 "He made the moon to mark the seasons; the sun knows its time for setting"  He allowed His imagination to play, and he created a globe where up to four different seasons can be experienced in one city in one year.  Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter.  Here in Winnipeg we get to experience them all.

It was with sheer delight that my girls excitedly made their way outside to our backyard the other day to build the first snowman of the season.
When I asked about his arms they came up with a solution...

Now he has arms and...skis.  hee hee
I love seeing the world around me change, literally, and enjoy all of the gifts that each season brings.  The anticipation of the beauty to come, the different holidays that each season brings, and the privilege of watching my children grow through each of them.  Praise be the the God of creation, the giver of good gifts, the one who lavishes us with His love no matter what season we're in.




5 comments:

Lynn Le5 said...

I totally agree! We are very fortunate to have 4 seasons. I could not imagine it any other way. My girls could not wait to play in the snow too. Although we only got about 2", they did manage to make a few "mini-snowmen"... for now ;)
Thanks for sharing.

Susan said...

No snow here yet - YAY! I love looking at it but hate driving in it. Thankfully I work from home so I can stay out of it most days!

But I do love the changing of seasons. Thanks for sharing.

Tracey Gregory said...

Beautifully written!We are a 4 season home as well..only a little snow so far but that's ok right now! Your daughter are so cute and look like they had a blast!

Celebrity corporat said...

Thanks for the information... I really love your blog posts... specially those on Celebrity corporate club

Cara G said...

Great post Sherri...and a great reminder too!