Thursday, November 15, 2012

GD Inspiration Post - November - Penny Harrison

Welcome SEM fans to my very first guest designer blog.  First, I'd like to thank the SEM team for giving me this opportunity to share my creation.

The November challenge for this months was  . . . FAMILY TIES...meaning a project about family. (Scrap Twist: use some ribbon on your project.).

I have wanted to do a layout showing how much my daughter has grown and use the unique school picture that she had taken earlier in the year.

 The journaling says:  "It seems like only yesterday that you were in pigtails.  But now it's make-up and poise.  You are a young lady now and I can see glimpses of the young woman you will become.  So proud!"

PRODUCTS USED:  May Arts heart ribbon, CTMH flowers, ColorBok Alpha Punch Outs, DCWV Tattered Time paper stack, Want2Scrap Nestabling (green bling), Making Memories Glitter Gems (flourish), Creative Memories journal spot.
 The younger picture is of my daughter in kindergarten and the older was the end of 5th grade...
Looking at the two pictures side beside, all I can ask is "Where does the time go?"  It seems like yesterday, I was putting her hair in pig tails and taking her to her first day of school.  She'd come home with hand print art projects.  Now she is 11 going on 21, cares about fashion and music, and is doing algebra and writing novelettes!  I am so proud of the Godly, young woman she is becoming but at the same time I miss my "little girl."  Anyone else feel like someone pushed the fast forward button on your life?  I thank God daily for this beautiful individual and the opportunity to watch and help her grow.

This challenge is a reminder that we only have our little ones for so long and to not squander the time with them.  Soon she will be too "old" to sit on my lap and won't want to do craft projects with me.  I need to treasure the time I have left with her under my roof as well as with the rest of my family and friends.
Before I sign off, I thought I'd share another project, a ladder card,  that I created with the identical paper from above.  


Thank you for stopping by my guest post.  Feel free to visit my personal blog, It Makes Total Cents, to see the other projects I've been working on lately.  I also have a giveaway planned if I can get to 100 followers on my blog or on my Facebook page (preferably both!) :)

And thanks again for having me, SEM!  It has been a wonderful experience.

4 comments:

Cara G said...

Great layout Penny and great perspective too...my little girl is 7 and I feel this "where does the time go?" feeling a lot! Great reminder to cherish and spend that quality time with her!! Thanks so much for sharing:)

Marjolaine said...

Beautiful layout Penny, love the story behind it.

Felicity Ives said...

You are right, where does the time go? Sometimes until we see the photographs next to each other its hard to remember just how fast they have grown, but it is wonderful to think of all the things they have experienced and accomplished in that time also. Thanks for sharing with us, looking forward to see what other goodeis you have in store!

Sherri said...

Thanks for sharing Penny. I so hear where you're coming from, my first baby turned 13 yesterday, and I can still so clearly remember praying for her, and bringing her home from the hospital, and now here we are. Crazy! Such an incredible blessing to be blessed with these little people to love, and enjoy, and raise in a way that is pleasing to the Lord.