Monday, October 22, 2012

Praise Post!

Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
 
In Canada we celebrate thanksgiving in October, it also happens to be my favourite month. I live in an area that has many maple trees and they change colour this time of year. Beautiful reds, oranges and yellows all mixed together to paint the most breath taking picture. Every year I see this same picture and I never get bored of it. Year after year my heart is full of praise for this miracle of changing colours. It's such a great reminder that there is a season for everything and although the leaves are dying, I know that in spring there will be new life. This October I have something else to be thankful for when it comes to nature. Last summer we experienced a drought. During this time we had concerns about forest fires near our home as well as dried up wells. Many were left without water. Another concern that was not as important was that our front lawn died. This was very frustrating because we had paid a lot of money for it but more frustrating than the cost was that it totally depressed me. Every time I pulled into our lane way, all I saw was 5000 square feet of dead grass. I hated the site of it and the death of it was in my face day after day. I'm happy to report that the dead grass has been replaced and the green grass is like a burst of new life that I get to enjoy. Such a great reminder that I also have been given new life! The grass will soon be covered with snow but that will be beautiful too! I will enjoy our new grass for a short time and come spring I will look forward to the snow melting. The best part is that the Lord provided and it didn't cost us anything. I'm so thankful to Him who provides for all my needs and He even cared about my grass!
What everyday miracles are you noticing today?
In closing I wanted to share with you the view from my parents house. This photo was taken very early in the fall, before the colours were at their peak but it still shows God's handy work and His awesomeness!
 
 


5 comments:

Cara G said...

Love this Marjolaine...what a sweet reminder that God brings new life! Awesome!

Barbara Dixon said...

Beautiful!

Lisa H said...

That's beautiful! And God is so good - I love too how he cares about the little things that affect us and provides for us.

Sherri said...

What a sweet, sweet, reminder of the artistry of our Lord, and His faithfulness of making all things new. Thanks for sharing Marjolaine.

Tracey Gregory said...

"To everything there is a season.." and what a glorious view you have! I love when God gives good gifts that we weren't even asking for! Great post!