Thursday, October 25, 2012

It's so Cool I just have to Share...

Hello to all friends of SEM out there! Svetlana here. I am really excited to share something cool with you :-))
Less than a week ago, I returned home after 3 weeks visit to my dear homeland - Russia. I would say that this trip was not just an everyday miracle. To me it is not even every year miracle but it surely was filled abundantly with many miracles - every single day!
I know of many people who dream to visit Russia and I know of many people for whom this dream came true.  A visit to Moscow and St Petersburg as well as to some other smaller historical towns is an unforgettable experience.  I couldn't help myself but to pretend to be a tourist in the places that are familiar to me since my childhood. I found this approach to be a lot of fun. It gives one new appreciations of things that surround you. I think that it is a cool way of finding new miracles in your everyday life. There is always something new to see and there are plenty of pleasant surprises waiting for you to be discovered. 
I always loved autumn with its splashes of bright colors, grey skies and slow drizzles of rain. Many of you have opportunity to experience all of it year after year but I really missed that living in Africa where the seasons don't differ that much in appearance. And this year God gave me the most beautiful 3 weeks of autumn! 
But I don't think that all this splendor would be so great if it wouldn't become a background for me meeting many of my loved ones. I had time to spend time with my family, meeting some old friends (some of them have been in my life since I can remember myself!) and making new ones. What a pleasure it was to just sit with my mom in her tiny kitchen in that small apartment where I grew up and chat about all the little things that fill our lives! Or how cool it was to walk the streets of St Petersburg with a friend who became so close to me over the past few years but whom I met for the first time in real life! Again and again I realize how important and precious people are, how empty and boring our lives can be without no one to share it with.
I am thankful the most to every person who made my trip such an unforgettable experience. I am thankful to my family whom I missed very much while having this wonderful time - my dear husband who made it all possible for me and my little boys who were so sweet while I was away. And most of all I am thankful to God who brought all these people into my life!
I want to share with you this picture I took in St Petersburg - the skies over the city were so dramatic and breath taking that day!


Now I have more than enough memories and photographs to fill in my travel book I made a while ago especially for this trip :-))


I wish you all that every day in your lives will bring something really cool that you will want to share it with others!

10 comments:

Cara G said...

What a sweet story you shared Svetlana...and what a beautiful reminder to cherish the special places and people in our lives! I'm so happy that God blessed you with this special trip to your homeland. And...I love your beautiful travel book. Thanks so much for sharing!!

PaulaJ said...

beautiful story Svetlana! Sounds like you had a wonderful trip!

Tamika said...

Thanks for sharing that was wonderful!

Barbara Dixon said...

So Beautiful!

Ali said...

What a lovely story. So glad God blessed your time in your homeland, and your family while you were away.

Tracey Gregory said...

what a blessing for you and the loved ones ypu were able to reconnect with. Such a glorious photo! Thank you for sharing this!

Lisa H said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful trip!!

Svetlana Austin said...

thank you, ladies! I am very glad you enjoyed it and thank you for letting me share it with you!

Sherri said...

Such a tender hearted post. Your live and appreciation for all The Lord has blessed you with pours forth from the page. So happy that you were able to experience this Svetlana. Thank you for sharing it with all of us.

Scrapper Myra said...

Great photo. TFS your heart.