Monday, August 27, 2012

Praise YOU in the storm

Good Monday morning friends!  Today my oldest starts his very first day of kindergarten.  What a summer we had with my broken ankle and then getting super sick for three weeks in August.  I feel like the time just flew by and I wasted it.

Last night I was thinking and reading and praying.  I realized there are so many times that I am not content with where God has placed me.  He lovingly leads me where He wants me to go but I can't wait until my kids can do more for themselves, until they are out of diapers, until they stop fighting, until until until.

Today I am praising God for the three precious children he has given me and the time that I have with them.  God help me to use this time wisely for your purposes.  I am reminded that in the storms of life (and mine have been mini storms compared to the hurricanes that others have had to face) God does not remove the storm but protects me through it.


I made myself a card - lol.



A reminder that I am loved by my heavenly Father, my Creator, the lover of my soul.  My husband preached a sermon on Hosea yesterday morning and once again I was convicted that my love falls so short.  Even though God has every right to "divorce" me he does not - instead Jesus paid the ultimate price to redeem me!  My bridegroom is coming and we will have the wedding feast of the century together!  I can not wait to party with you!!  Until then, dear friends, let us praise Him in the here and now!  He is whispering through the rain "I'm with you" - thank you God!

13 comments:

Jojorenee said...

Thanks for those reflections!

Scrapper Myra said...

Tks for the reminder and reflexion.

Tracey Sabella said...

Such an encouraging devotion, Elizabeth!! Enjoy every moment with your children, because they grow up all too fast! Beautiful card. ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Tracey Gregory said...

I LOVE that song and such a great devotion!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks Tracey - it is one I need to remind myself of every minute of every day!

Elizabeth said...

Me too Tracey! I love music and this is one of my favorites :) Thanks for stopping by - glad this could be of some encouragement to you :)

Elizabeth said...

Thank YOU Jojorenee for reading and commenting :) Glad you could be encouraged today!

Elizabeth said...

You are welcome Myra - I need this reminder all the time because I easily forget in the midst of pain. Thanks for taking the time to comment :)

Sherri said...

This reminds me of something I read by Lysa TerKeurst the other day that went something like this "Help me not to be a woman who focuses on the little that's wrong, so I end up missing the big picture of all that's right."

Marjolaine said...

Beautiful post Elizabeth. I needed this reminder as I'm way too eager for my kiddies to grow up. I need to cherish every moment of their life and live in the now!

Cara G said...

What a great post Elizabeth...and what a great reminder to us all about what's really important. Thanks for sharing your heart with us!

Cara G said...

Oh...and your card is simply beautiful too!! (thanks for sharing it with us)

Elizabeth said...

AMEN! I needed those words today Sherri - thank you :)