Thursday, August 9, 2012

Guest Designer Inspirational Post


Hello friends.  This is Scrapper Myra, and I am SEM’s guest designer for August.  I am very excited about the idea of sharing my heart with you through this wonderful blog.  Thank you SEM!

First I want to share my take on this month’s main challenge about favorite vacations.  If you haven’t had the chance to make your layout, you still have time, and you might get some inspiration from my interpretation.  Take a look at the current challenge HERE.

When I found out the topic (favorite vacations), I thought of several occasions I could scrap about.  I have been blessed with the opportunity to enjoy good vacation times, knowing vacations do not have to imply traveling, but I thank God everyday for the blessing of knowing places because I know it's a privilege.  So that’s why I decided to make the page featuring a trip we had last year.  We went to San Francisco, then to Napa, and then to a business convention in Las Vegas.  It sounds very expensive… but the trick here is that at that time we were having a difficult time for so many reasons…  a lot of stress in my job; didn’t have the free time in the date I wanted so we did not plan for anything; we didn’t have a budget…the economy had caused a lot of damage and we were not the exception having only one source of income; and so much more I can’t tell you right now… But the thing is that we needed the break.  Then I had this business trip to Las Vegas scheduled, and I never mixed business with pleasure in my trips…  But suddenly all happened to be so easy for us to go a little earlier, enjoy a few days off and then attend to the convention…knowing most of the expenses for my ticket were covered already… and we had mileage, and then some friends just had gone to San Francisco and gave us tips, and so on…  Long story short, I am sure God wanted us to go because all indicated it.  It wasn’t coincidence… I think HE provided us with free road to be able to go on that trip.  And we did and enjoyed and are grateful.

I used a photo of Napa because it was the main attraction for us in this trip and being there was such a blessing…  a huge opportunity…  we thank you God because we have been such a lucky couple through our lives.  Thank you.

For the use of stencil twist I punched some scalloped and normal circles and sponged some distress ink onto the cardstock, and then embellished.

I used these grungeboard letters from Tim Holtz and painted with distress stain...  Love the effect.  They look like cork!!!!



Then to include hidden journaling I picked up Nicole’s idea from a previous post HERE and made a mini envelope.






I also stamped, cut letters in the Cricut machine, used washi tapes for some accent and inked all the edges I could (I love to ink edges!!!!).

The photo is matted with lots of patterned papers from different collections, and this is how the whole page looks:

























Also want to share with you this second project…   I can’t deny there is some things in my life I don’t understand because it’s for God to know what’s best for us, right?  But as an imperfect human I am…I wish I had children, I wish I had a father longer in my life, I’d love to have a different relationship with some people, and the list is long…  but as my husband always says:  “God needs to create balance”.  We have other things that compensate for the lacks of these ones we think are important…    So I dedicated this layout to the simple things in life… those that make us remember, life is about little things.

The photo is from same trip I told you about before.  When we were at the convention I was attending in Las Vegas, we had this break and stopped for a cup of coffee and took one picture to each other.   We loved them because they show exactly how we are. 

I started with a dark brown cardstock as base, stamped some blue accents around and used different sized circles from patterned paper (a Crate Paper collection), to create an area for the photos and other elements.



I stamped the word “enjoy” directly to the cardstock, and accented the dot in the “j” with glossy accents and glitter.  I continued the title with the word “simple” with fabric Thickers letters and added some personality by stamping different patterns on them.  I love how the letters turned out to be so distinctive and unique.  And finally completed the title with the word “things” which I just hand wrote and cut.


Then for embellishments I used some washi tape as well, other grungeboard elements (he, she, coffee cup), doily (also stamped on it to create unity), buttons and ribbon…  and again, inked as much as I could… LOL!




I included a list of some of the “little” things I enjoy in life as the journaling.  For this I used the computer and a tag from a Page Maps 2009 free digi image.


Here’s the whole page:


Hope you liked my projects and don’t forget to participate in the current challenge.

You can also get to know more of me and see more projects, visiting my blog HERE.

Thanks again for reading this and thank you SEM for the opportunity.





15 comments:

Daly said...

Love both LOs. I like the way you used the unity stamp in the doily and title giving extra texture!! Excellent work!

JAY said...

Fabuloso trabajo, estoy orgullosa de ti. Felicidades en tu nueva aventura en SEM.

(Great job, I'm proud of you. Congratulations on your new adventure in SEM.)

Sherri said...

How wonderful to get to know so much more about you Myra. Thank you for being so candid with all of us. You demonstrate a great deal of faith as you write about your experiences and the way you've trusted/seen God at work in and through them. Thank you for being a part of SEM this month and contributing such real, and touching blog posts and projects.

Susan said...

Great layouts...I'm so glad you shared them and your story :D

Lisa H said...

Thank you Myra for sharing your layouts and story with us. I love all the little details about your projects too!

Vivi said...

I loved the layouts!
I like the colors in the first layout and the way you accomodated the elements in the second one.
I always enjoy the way you tell the stories of your layouts.
Congratulations Myra! Big hug! :-)

JOAN said...

Great Lay Outs! I love all the bright colors in the first Lay Out and how you used all the elemnts in both of them. Hugs!! Joan

Jannette said...

Love love love your layouts, I get to know you better through them and of course your stories. Great job friend!!!!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Fantastic work!!!

Tracey Sabella said...

Such gorgeous work!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

MARILYN said...

Fabulous pages my friend!! love the lovely details in both pages and as always love your stories.
Congratulations Myra you did a wonderful work!
Hugs!!! :)

Marjolaine said...

Great layouts. I love that you see God's provision in the "wants" of life. He cares even about vacations!

Toni Herron said...

Great layouts and thanks for sharing such thoughful words! I believe God will bless you with some of the things that he can on your "wish/want" list in good time! Patience and good thoughts are always a good karma too.. You seem to be a lovely person.. So all of my well wishes to you!
Toni.. :)

Tracey Sabella said...

Myra, thanks for sharing your heart and how our Lord has blessed you even in the difficult times. What a blessing to see and share those experiences! Your layout are so fun and creative - lovely!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Sonia said...

Myra, you did a super fab creations. Love both layouts. Great JOB~!
-Sony
sonia-studio60.blogspot.com