Monday, August 13, 2012

Getting Away - Heartfelt Inspiration

Hello, Lisa here! We just got back from a weekend of camping with friends and it was nice to have a little get-away. I feel like our everyday lives are so busy and structured all the time and trying to get your schedule to mesh with a group of friends' schedules to have time together seems impossible! So, even though we had to plan this trip month's in advance it was rewarding. All the electronic gear was either left at home or out of signal range (I think a few of the our gang were going through iPhone withdrawasl though, lol) We talked, played games and went for hikes. The bigger boys found a bunch of other kids to play with and they all had a grand time. We got dirty and mosquito bitten. My youngest son woke up at 4am the first night and never went back to sleep. But it was fun. I guess my encouragement to all of you is to take time out of life, unplug, and work on building relationships with those friends and family members in your lives. In the end, that's what is important.

My husband & the boys playing "Awful Green Things From Outer Space"

4 comments:

Toni Herron said...

I must admit, I am alittle envious after reading your post!
Yes we all seem to lead extremely busy lives! I believe no one is "more busy" than the next person, its all about how each person organises a balance in their life to control the "busy"!

It certainly looks like you have been able to find a good balance, thanks for sharing your weekend getaway! Well done..
Toni.. :)

Tracey Sabella said...

Thanks for sharing about your lovely family time together without the electronic gear. I so enjoy spending time with family, too!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Tracey Gregory said...

What a great experience-thanks for sharing this!

Marjolaine said...

Unplugged sounds so good to me right now!