Sunday, August 5, 2012

August Guest Designer Scrapper Myra


Hi everyone it's Nicole... It is time to introduce to you our Guest Designer for August!  
It is Scrapper Myra... She has been a loyal friend to SEM and I am just tickled pink to have her as the guest designer.  She is going to tell you a little bit about herself and I have picked some of my favorite projects of Myra's to share with you.




Hi everybody!  My name is Myra and I am from the beautiful island of enchantment, Puerto Rico.  I’m married to a wonderful husband and don’t have children.  I’m a full time employee in a very stressful Marketing Manager position, and have embraced scrapbooking as my official hobby and stress reliever for about 5 years.

I always had the inclination to do creative things but I never believed I was creative at all…  One day I found out two of my friends liked this hobby too and we had the idea to start trying it… my husband motivated me to take a class, and the rest is history.  

Now I’m sure scrapbooking came to my life for a purpose.  At first I asked to myself, “Why didn’t I find scrapbooking earlier in life?” or I thought “If I don’t have children to leave these projects and document for them, why do I scrapbook?”…  But then I understood God knew when was the right moment and He knew I was going to need it.  I’ve been through a lot of things that have threaten my purpose in life, but believe it or not, in scrapbooking I have found relief, self-esteem, healing, appreciation, understanding, friendship, faith, and so many ways of expression…

I love this hobby!

I wouldn’t really describe my style in a specific way.  I like to try new things, and am always learning…  I think scrapbooking is not about being correct or incorrect; it’s just different and very subjective. It allows you to be imperfect and just express yourself.  I love to do cards – specially personalized ones – layouts, party favors, home/office décor with mixed media, and any other project where I can stamp, paper piece shapes, paint and write!

When I first saw the title of this blog, Scrapping Everyday Miracles, I immediately felt identified with it, because I am not a typical “scrapbooker” documenting only the most common situations like birthdays, graduations or so on, but for me, besides these things, scrapbooking is also about expressing my feelings through art, and journaling about uncommon topics, random subjects, or pure simple everyday living…

Scrapbooking is a blessing. 

I would like to thank SEM for the opportunity to open my heart and let you know a little more about me, by being the guest designer for August. 

You can visit my blog at www.winecheesescrapbooking.blogspot.com






7 comments:

Susan said...

Myra, you do beautiful creating! thanks for sharing :D

Scrapper Myra said...

Thank you Susan... I'm so exciting to share more!

Jojorenee said...

Welcome awesome creations!

Sherri said...

Welcome to SEM Myra so happy to have you with us this month. What a great story of how you discovered this wonderful hobby, and neat to hear that it was your hubby who really encouraged you.

Cara G said...

What fun projects Myra...love the bright, fun colors! (especially loving the carousel project...how adorable is that?!). So excited to have you as our guest designer this month!!

Tracey Sabella said...

Such gorgeous work, Myra. Thanks for sharing it with us. I'm inspired! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Myrna Marcano said...

Myra, felicitaciones amiga! Hermosos y creativos todos tus trabajos.

Abrazos, Myrna