Saturday, July 7, 2012

Guest Designer Svetlana Austin

Hi it is Nicole and I get the awesome opportunity to announce the guest designer for July... we are so blessed to have Svetlana Austin! 

She is an amazing designer and I have been so inspired by her work and all she shares both on her blog and other scrapbooking sites.  Here is what she has to say and few of her wonderful creations.  Make sure you come back on Thursday for her Guest Designer  post where she will share with you the layout she created for the July Challenge and even more inspiration


Hello everyone! My name is Svetlana Austin. I am a Russian girl who ended up living in hot South Africa for the last 10 years. I met my South African husband while he was doing mission work in Russia. We have 2 beautiful sons - Ivan is now 9 and Sebastian is 7. They keep us busy and fill our lives with sunshine (not that we have lack of it in the northern part of our country). 
I was always creative. I tried many different crafts but once I was introduced to scrapbooking by my friend, I never stopped. It was 8 years ago. I defiantly love the most to create layouts about my little boys. My aim is to reflect their personalities through my work. Sometimes I like to make very romantic and feminine layouts about myself or about my girl-friends. It allows me to express the stuff that I personally like. My scrapbooking style is always determined by photographs I use and what kind of story I would like to tell through my project.
I can truly say that my life if filled with everyday miracles - big and small. Since the day I made the decision to follow God and live for Him, it'd been one big adventure. There is so much in my life that I can't stop thanking God for! - my wonderful husband, my gorgeous boys, my amazing friends, beautiful sunsets and breathtaking landscapes.... I can carry  on for a very long time! But most of all I am thankful to God for His love for me and the precious gift of salvation. I know that there will be a lot of everyday miracles to discover and appreciate in my life which means that I will have more and more reasons to be thankful to my dear Lord. I hope that you too will look around and thank Him for all the miracles that  He brought in your lives.
And I am thankful for this opportunity to guest design this month for Scrapping Everyday Miracles and share with you a little bit of my heart.
You can visit me on my blog at http://colorfulmemories-protea.blogspot.no/










10 comments:

Kim said...

All of these pages are Beautiful :)
~Kim

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous pages Svetlana! So glad to have you as a guest designer this month :)

Susan said...

Beautiful pages

Lolô Artesanato said...

I love Svetlana work
great pages Dear
xx
Leila

Jojorenee said...

Beautiful,beautiful work!

Svetlana Austin said...

thank you, ladies! I appreciate your kind comments!
and thank you for inviting me to guest design for SEM this month - it is big honor for me and I am looking forward to share with you my projects in a few days!

Cara G said...

Absolutely beautiful projects Svetlana...congratulations on being chosen as our Guest Designer this month!

Roulien Stahnke said...

I such a big fan of Svetlanan's work!! I can't wait to see more!! Congrats on being GD!!

Svetlana Austin said...

thank you Cara and Roulien for your sweet comments! ♥

Sherri said...

It is such a pleasure to discover another sister ic Christ half a world away from me. Thank you for joining us Svetlana, and for sharing a portion of your life, your family, and your heart with us. We are thrilled to have you join us this month at SEM.