Monday, March 19, 2012

March Sketch Challenge

Hello again!  This is Jeannine and today I'm bringing this month's sketch challenge!  Before I do that, let me tell you about something you may not have heard yet.  Scrapping Everyday Miracles now has a Chit Chat Facebook page where we can all talk about scrapbooking as well as anything else you want to discuss!   That's right.  We now have a Facebook page where you can rub elbows with other scrappers and have fun getting to know everyone better!!  You seriously need to go check it out, I promise you won't be disappointed.  Just visit the page using the link I've provided and click "Ask to join this group" and as soon as Nicole approves it, you're in!!  We had to have admin approval so we don't get spammers but believe me it's worth the extra effort because we have so much fun there!!  Oh c'mon, you know you want to be part of the fun!!  Can't wait to chat with you there!!  :)

Now, onto the sketch challenge for this month!

This sketch was made by my very creative friend, Debbie Gaydos, and I just love her sketches because they really inspire me a lot.  She originally designed the sketch for Allyscraps, if you're interested in seeing more of them.

This is the page I made using this sketch.  To see more detail, please visit my blog!


Here are our examples that the DT created for you.
Now that you've been inspired by Debbie's awesome sketch and the DT's samples, let's see what you create with it too! Just link your projects below.   

This month we actually have two sponsors which make one big prize package you can win!!!  Our first generous sponsor for this month is Dot & Whimsy!


     "I have been an avid paper-crafter and scrapbooker for almost fifteen years, but a crafty person most of my life. I love combining vintage flea market finds with new stuff and turning unusual shapes into mini albums, cards and collage art! 
     My passion is vintage inspired, with a shabby chic and retro flair. I may venture out and go with really clean lines and structure on occasion, but most of the time I go for the frilly, shabby, glittery and fun cottage style!
     Awhile back I needed a little bit of crepe paper fringe for an altered project so I decided to create my own...from that experiment ON THE FRINGE handmade crepe paper trim was born. I have crafted several hundred feet of lucious, colorful trim over the past couple of years. It has been featured in the January/February 2012 edition of Simply Handmade magazine, as well as being included in a few scrapbook club kits along the way! 
     Aside for Dot and Whimsy on Etsy, you can also find me here:

  • Design Teams: Imaginisce, Vintage Street Market, EAD Designs and My Scrapbook Nook Kit Club 
  • Creative Teams:  Paper Issues and I Heart Ippity (Unity Stamps)
  • Guest Designer For:  Little Yellow Bicycle, Kraft Outlet and Miss Art's Papercrafting School
     I hope you come by Dot & Whimsy for a visit! I gladly take custom orders :)

Happy Creating

Shellye"

The wonderful prize Shellye is offering to our winner is a bundle of crepe paper Fringe.

Our second sponsor is Nana Campana... She is offering the winner a spot in Ashes to Beauty Program....
As an artist you have been entrusted with the gift of seeing the world through a different lens… It is YOU that has the power to make or break your world- and as long as you keep choosing to “FIT-IN” – the world keeps missing out on your beauty.  Your talent is unique – and God placed it there so that you would lead others to Him through it.

What is Ashes to Beauty?
Ashes to Beauty is a 4-week  journey of healing and self-discovery for creative powerhouses who are tired of living in the status quo and are finally ready to start their revolution.  Through it, you will discover your strengths & purpose, PLUS you will be equipped to finally live the life you dreamed of in boldness. Ashes to Beauty is NOT just a class. It is a program meant to encourage the beginning and completion of a journey!
               
THE NEXT Ashes to Beauty is April 1- April 28
               
Please check out http://www.nanacampana.com/ashestobeauty/ for all information about the program and what is included!

So if you would like a chance to win both prizes all you have to do is complete the challenge and link it up by March 31st.

Winners for this challenges  will be announced April 7th!

7 comments:

glorygirl said...

What a fantastic sketch! Thanks for the inspiration, creative DT ladies :) Looking forward to participating in this challenge!

PaulaJ said...

Just found this challenge. Hope I can find a suitable photo for the sketch! What fabulous prizes you are awarding. Off to peruse the photos and hopefully have something for you by tomorrow!

Tracy said...

Not sure if I'm in a different time zone because it says the collection is closed though it's still pretty early on the 31st. Here is what I did with the sketch. Have always loved Debbie's sketches.

http://ascrapatatime.blogspot.com/2012/03/1st-day-of-school.html

lorig said...

I had computer problems after finishing my page. I used the sketch and thought I'd share even though the link is closed. I'll have to figure out time zone differences for next time like Tracey since we have a few hours to go on the 31st.

http://untroubled.org/lori/article.php?story=20120331193919303

It was a great sketch.

glorygirl said...

Oh boy! Looks like I missed the deadline somehow, too. Two and a half hours til the 31st here. Gotta learn my time zones.

Here is my blog link, just in case there was a glitch on the blog time.

http://hisglorygirl.blogspot.com/2012/03/im-with-you.html

Jeannine said...

Tracy, lorig, and glorygirl, I'm sorry... I didn't put the correct end time in when I created the collection for inlinkz and it closed it too early. Just wanted you to know that your pages will be included in the drawing for a winner because the time stamp shows that you submitted your work before the deadline. Again, I apologize for the mistake.

glorygirl said...

Awesome! So glad to hear ours are included...but I still need to brush up on my time zones. LOL! This was a good reminder for me :)