Monday, March 12, 2012

From the Heart - Heartfelt Post

What is on your heart today?  I've found that the Lord loves to speak to us and He often does this by putting things into our hearts; almost like that Mommy gut feeling you get with your kids.  I have learned over the past few years to begin to listen and do whatever the Lord puts on my heart no matter how silly it may seem and the results have been amazing.  So I began to ask the Lord what to share with you today and this is what He put into my heart. 


You see I am a SAHM and a homeschooler of 5 children so my days you might say go less than perfect at times.  LOL!  I was just crying out to the Lord about everything that I needed to do, everything that was on my schedule and just the chaos that tends to reign at our house.  As I sat in my quiet area in tears yet again because my perfect day was shot, the Lord began to speak that He had created each day specifically for me.  As my Father, he had perfectly assembled my day as one would a present and wrapped it up in beautiful paper and sat in on the table for my enjoyment.  But so many times I was saying no I can't open your present because I don't have time, I have a schedule that I need to keep, It is too pretty to open, I forgot, I don't deserve it...

How would you feel if you handpicked a present for your child that was so right for them and would bring such enjoyment and then they wouldn't open it?  You would be disappointed!  See God gives us a choice each day, do we want to open the present He has prepared for us with all the abundant life He has promised us or do we want to let it sit, and thus give the thief (Satan) a chance to steal our gift?

The Lord never promised that everything in life would go just as we want; there will be hurts, disappointments, and other things.  But the Lord does promise to give us abundant life - He promises that He knew us even in our Mother's womb and wrote the days of our lives.  So today, I urge you, unwrap the gift the Lord has prepared for you, live your day to the fullest rejoicing in all the special moments of that day even if they don't seem to be your perfect.  And learn to listen to your heart because the Lord wants to speak to you!

Blessings!  Wendy

9 comments:

Nicole Brenna said...

Wendy... I love the canvas and love what you wrote... I needed that... each day is a present from the Lord!

glorygirl said...

What a blessing! Your words spoke to my heart today. And your canvas is soooo beautiful. Thank you!

Jeannine said...

Wendy, I just love what you shared! I can't say I've ever really thought about it that way before but you're right. Each day is a gift from God and we should be thankful for it, even when it doesn't go "perfect". Thank you for sharing what's on your heart because I think your words will touch every person's heart that reads this post today. I know it's touched mine.

soapHOUSEmama said...

love this! you are so right on in your illustration of this.

Lisa H said...

Thank you Wendy! I often feel overwhelmed by the chaos and things not going as I've planned. I really appreciate what you've shared here. =)

Nina said...

Thank you for the inspiration that your words bring. I'm just homeschooling one child, my son Matt, and I already go insane with trying to fit everything into our daily schedule. Bless you for homeschooling five kids! God bless you always!

Sherri said...

Such a wonderfully worded reminder Wendy. Each day is a gift, and we so often take that for granted.

Cara G said...

What a beautiful message Wendy...thanks so much for sharing your heart with us.

mom2five said...

Wendy, I just read your post again. As I reflect on my day today (and even the last year)... All I think about is HOW HARD it has been; how I just CAN'T and DON'T WANT to do this anymore. But your post reminds me that He is in control and has taken care of ALL the details of my day... Thank you for your words.
Blessings,
Eileen
crazycricutmomma.blogspot.com