Monday, February 13, 2012

Heartfelt post…

Well here we are with another Valentine's Day upon us. For some it's a great day, others a whatever day and for some a day to dread. I used to be in the latter camp because it just reminded me that I was alone with no "special someone". This was back in my early 20's and as hard as I tried I could just never get anywhere with guys that I liked. (In retrospect I think this was God protecting me but that is a whole separate post!) Feb. 14th was just downright depressing. Even after I graduated from college and had truly started walking with God I was still trying to make things happen and engineer my love life. Guess what? I still wasn't getting anywhere. Finally I decided that I should just let God run the show and be in charge of bringing the right man into my life. (I'm often a little dense about that sort of thing.)

In the meantime, there was a Bible study program that I was going to sign up for. I had a choice between a co-ed young adults group or a women's only group. On the one hand I could study God's word and maybe meet a guy too! On the other hand I could study God's word and not be distracted by trying to meet a guy. Since I had put God in charge of my guy meeting department, I decided to join the women's group. And with that fateful choice I ended up finding my future husband. How you may ask? God really does have a sense of humor. A new friend in my group set me up on a blind date with a friend of her husband's. It was a wonderful date, with a wonderful high-quality man, and we have now been married for ten years. God is good! I am so thankful for my husband and he is just the right man for me. All those past guys I pined over would not have been. You can have faith that God does have a plan for you and while it may not be what you think it should be, you can trust him. You don't have to do everything in your own way and in your own strength (I am still learning this lesson by the way, I'm still a little dense I think!) So happy Valentine's Day to you all. You'll always have a valentine in Him.

6 comments:

Wifey Cookie said...

Aw. This post got me teary eyed. God works wonders when we least expect it. :)

Happy Valentines Day!

Jeannine said...

I think this can be an encouragement to others who are longing to find Mr. Right!

Sherri said...

Thanks for sharing Lisa. So many of us have been exactly where you were. Thankfully God is faithful, and really does know what's best for us. He never grabs the reigns our of our hands, but is gentle and patient with us, allowing us to learn through the frustrations of our own control issues :)

car repair in east London said...

It is really important to keep confidence during supports to build best plane
Hackney Motor Services we aim to provide the best service to our customers..

Ian Morris said...

Great post. It made me cry a little bit.

Jeff Lewis said...

Wow. Thank you for this post :)