Monday, January 30, 2012

SEM- Fifth Monday of the Month Post

Hi Everyone
Today is the fifth monday of the month which only happens a couple times a year so we dont usually have a post scheduled soooo I thought I would write a post and share with you why I started Scrapping Everyday Miracles...

About six months before starting SEM (Scrapping Everyday Miracles) I found a picture that I wanted to scrap and immediately I thought wow... at the time I had no idea why God had us in Alburquerque nor how over the following 2 years after the picture was taken how He would use us there.... I spent the whole two hours scrapping and talking to God at the same time.  When I was finished it was the best scrapping experience I had ever had.... Here is the layout

Well probably a week later I did the same thing.... I found just a simple picture of my daughter and started talking to God about her, our life and our goals.... once again I realized how wonderful it was to share my scrapbooking time with Him... at the same time I realized I probably wouldnt have seen the miracle in the picture if I hadnt really taken the time to think and look for the miracle of that moment.  Having that sweet wonderful present from God my daughter waving back to me.....


I got a comments from people about how they loved the themes of my layouts and really wanted me to start a challenge blog where people could use the challenges to create their own layouts while spending time with God.  I realized that God wants to be part of all that we do so of course he would love to scrapbook with me.  I realized that there are so many miracles that God is doing in our lives if we just take a moment to see them. I am amazed that now as I look through my pictures I see so much more.... I think about the relationships between people or what was going on or how I feel.

Several months later SEM was born....I hope that each and everyone of you have enjoyed our challenges and inspiration... I hope that each of you have been able to experience how you can scrapbook and spend time with God while doing it....I hope that you have been able to see more of the everyday miracles around you... that no matter how hard life seems sometimes God is there..... He is continually saying here I am....
I leave you with a quote by Einstein ""There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."


Dont forget Challenge #12 and the Sketch Challenge... you have until the 31st to get your layouts in.....links are in the sidebar!!!!!!

5 comments:

Lisa H said...

It's been a great time being a part of SEM and paying attention to what God is doing in my life (and scrapping about it). Thanks Nic for getting this all going!

Jeannine said...

Nicole, thank you for being sensitive to God's leading and creating this challenge blog! It's been a growing experience for me and I'm so happy to be on this journey with the other ladies on the team. I hope our numbers will increase because it would mean we're touching more lives and hopefully making a difference in the lives of others! I love the whole idea of seeing God in our pages because we wouldn't have anything to scrap about or the ability to do it if it weren't for the blessings of God! I think it makes all of us appreciate just how much He does for us on a daily basis, in our everyday lives. Not just the valley experiences either, but every day. I'd like to say thank you to Nic for coming up with the idea and to the other ladies on the team for their inspirational pages as well as the friendship and prayer support I've gotten from each of them!

Roulien said...

Isn't it great how God speak to us and shows us what He want our next step to be!! Using your talent to scapbook, opened up a medium to share His miracles with so many people!! What a blessing this is in itself!!
Thank you for having me on this journey!! Also for opening my eyes to see my scrapbooking in a whole new light. My work through SEM allows me to express so much more than just to tell our family story. It makes me really SEE and question what I sometimes takes for granted!!
Getting to know some amazing woman through this blog just made it so much more special! Each and every one of you touched my heart!

Sherri said...

How wonderful it is to get to be a part of this journey with you Nicole. Thank you for your obedience to the Lord's leading, and for opening my eyes to seeing the everyday little miracles my Father has given me. This realization has brought a real depth to the way I scrap. Thank you for sharing a bit of your journey with all of us, it really enforces why I want to be a part of this.

teacher jessy said...

Wow, thanks so much for sharing your story! Yes, all of us need that miracle in life. I am needing a big one for myself. Hope my ultimate wish will be a past soon :) your layouts are just beautiful!