Monday, January 16, 2012

Getting Sketchy in January

Hello everyone! Lisa here and I have a great sketch and bonus technique for you all to try. Also, starting this month we're trying something new with the sketch challenge. If you complete this challenge and link it up here, your name will go "into the hat" for a chance to win the prize (a gift certificate from ILOVEITALL) for Challenge 12. Complete Challenge 12 and your name goes in for a second time so you can have two chances to win the prize from our sponsor!

This sketch is by my talented friend Debbie G and one of the things I like best about it is the chance to use multiple patterned papers! (and I have quite a stash!)

 
I also like to have texture as a part of my layouts and I found this fun technique where you emboss felt. I used a piece of embossed felt to make the orange tag and gears on my layout below.  Check out this video if you'd like to give it a try. So here is the result of all this scrappy fun:


Sherri also did this fabulous layout using the sketch:


And Roulien also made a great layout featuring her brand new grandson:


We would love to see your take on this sketch! Link up your creation by Jan. 31 for a chance to win a $20 Gift Certificate to  I LOVE IT ALL .

Best part is that this month everyone wins with a 15% discount when you purchase anything from the shop... just use the discount code ILOVEITALL.

Don't forget to check out Challenge 12  too..... There are some great entries already.


8 comments:

Connie said...

I love the sketch! I hope I have time to play along.

Jess said...

I loved making this layout! I am not usually one to create something from a sketch because I normally don't like the way it turns out. I loved the way this page came together though! Thanks for the challenge and great sketch!

ScrapChallenge.com said...

We invite you to list this and all of your challenges via our free challenge listings at ScrapChallenge.com so that all of our readers can easily find to play along!

http://www.scrapchallenge.com

Lisa H said...

Uh oh, I went to look at the layout by Brenshevia but it says "this blog has been removed" =(

Lori B said...

I can't believe how quickly my layout came together! Thanks, Debbie, for creating such a terrific sketch!!! That's half the battle, isn't it!!! I'm hoping I linked it properly!

Moon Scraps! said...

That was fun! Finally got to use products that have been sitting on my desk!

Lisa H said...

I love that we have so many participating! You gals rock! =)

Lisa H said...

Thanks everyone for participating in this challenge! Your names will go into the drawing for the prize from I Love It All. =)