Monday, December 19, 2011

Getting sketchy

Hello friends,

I have a sketch to share with you today.  When I'm in a scrappy funk and don't know where to start with all my pretty paper, glue and embellishments a sketch is a great way to kick start my creativity.  I also tend to gravitate toward a good sketch when life is busy and I've been away from my scrap room for too long.  Eventually I just have to drop everything and scrap, (anyone else know what I'm talking about?) and a sketch really speeds up the process.  I recently came across this sketch by Kristine Davidson of Creative Scrappers, and with her permission I'm encouraging you to join me in scrapping your heart out with this quick and easy sketch.
I love that it's fairly simple, as the clean lines allow the user to add as many or as little embellishments as her little heart desires.  Many of us are smack dab in the middle of the busy season preparing to celebrate the birth of Jesus with loved ones.  I invite you to join me in taking a little time out, and scrapping a little something using this great sketch.  I took some time out to break open some new product, and scrap a photo of my girls all dressed and ready to embark on the first run of our ski trip last Spring.
If you'd like you can pop by my blog to see a second layout I created with the same sketch.

Here are a couple layouts Nicole came up with using the sketch....



If you've been having a hard time coming up with a design for Challenge #11, perhaps this is just the spark you need.  As an added incentive to get your scrap on, I'll offer up a RAK to the first person to complete the challenge.  You have until December 31st to link up with inlinks and share your inspiration with the rest of us. For a chance at the Paper Issues prize up for grabs for Challenge #11 you'll want to link up here too.  Who knows you could win two prizes in one month for the same layout.  I think that would be great a great way to wrap up the year.

Happy Scrapping!


16 comments:

Pam said...

Beautiful page Sherri! Love all the blues!

Lisa H said...

who will be the first to complete this! Let's see ladies. =)

Merry Christmas!

Ki said...

I love this sketch and I so needed a boost to get me back to the basics of completing a LO. This holiday season has been hectic..whew.

Deanna said...

Gorgeous page Sherri! I love seeing everyone's interpretations too!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Awesome page Sherri!! Love the blues. And Nicoles' take on the sketch is adorable, too.

Agnes Tan said...

Hi ! I got to know about your blog via TwoPeas. And since I'm getting into the mood of digi-sb after a long hiatus, I had decided to try your Sketch.

This is my take on it. Just something simple.
http://myscrapmess.blogspot.com/2011/12/wet-dog.html

Thanks for Looking :)

Stacey Michaud said...

Love that page Sherri! awesome sketch!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Great sketch choice Sherri! Love your take!:)

Alexia said...

I thought it's until December 31st? It's only 29th today....

Nicole Brenna said...

Alexia just link it in the comments for now....

Patricia said...

You can find my lo on the sketch here:

http://kragtendesign.blogspot.com/2011/12/lets-try.html

Wifey Cookie said...

I made an LO for this, but I guess I was too late to upload it. But I still want to share it with you, it's here...

http://cookieadventures.blogspot.com/2011/12/challenge-entry-10-things-i-love-about.html

Happy New Year! :)

Cheers,
Jenny

Lisa H said...

I think our link got closed early! I got one done too for fun:

http://creativejuicefreshsqueezed.blogspot.com/2011/12/last-layout-of-2011.html

Happy New Year everyone!

Sherri said...

A big thank you to those of you who took the time time to play along with us this month and link us up with your lovely creations. I loved seeing the wide variety of takes on the sketch. It's one of my favorite things about this hobby, it's so personal and subjective for each of us. A special congrats to Agnes Tan for being the first to complete a layout using the sketch. She has won herself a $10 gift certificate to TwoPeas. Happy shopping Agnes, enjoy your goodies. Wishing each of you a very Happy New Year. Please join us for more fun, and inspiration in 2012.

Bea@Dog Beds said...

These are really wonderful and classic photo keeper for winter. Would love to see more of your works. They are so unique!

Brendan@Denmark WA said...

I really admire people with natural talents in arts. I tried to get crafty and artistic but it's not my line. But I really like artworks. I find them all inspiring and fun.