Monday, December 5, 2011

Challenge #11 Due Dec. 26th

Christmas Miracles

 Oh how I love the holidays... the food, the weather and the Christmas cheer. It is a special time of year. Even though there is a lot of hustle and bustle to get through the season I really try to enjoy it. I like to spend time thinking about the blessings in my life and all those little miracles that God did in my life in the last year. I am sure that many are coming to your mind as you read this... Maybe something that didn't go the way you hoped, but later on turned out to be a huge blessing. Or maybe you just have been too busy to realize that something you've wanted for so long just occurred? Or maybe you are reminded of a true Christmas miracle that happened last year. What ever your blessings and miracles are in your life it is truly the season to remember them. Instead of complaining about the holidays or the shopping or any of the problems this holiday season let's focus on all the wonderful blessings around us. Let's smile to think about the Christmas miracles that are going to happen no matter how small they may seem.

 The challenge is to scrap about something you are thankful for this holiday season... it can be current, something from this year or even a miracle from Christmas' past..... If you dont have a picture of it that is okay use any picture that will remind you of the blessing. The most important thing is just to take sometime to scrap, talk with God and be thankful at this wonderful time of year! 

Remember your project doesnt have to be a layout it can be pretty much anything...

 My scrap twist for you is to use a treasure on your creation - make sure that you tell us why it is a treasure! 
Here is a picture of the prize you could win if you complete the challenge by Dec. 26th....Merry Christmas!


DT LAYOUTS
(click on the DT member's name to hear more about their layout)
Here is my (Nicole's) layout:
 I really wanted to do a Christmas picture but when I looked through my pictures this one really stuck out to me... so I went with kinda a fall themed layout instead... My blessing is that my daughter and my niece are best buddies with each other... I am blessed that they love each other so much since my sister and I arent very close, they live on opposite sides of the world from each other  and they are very different from each other...  Still they make a great pair!  My treasure is buttons that belonged to my Great Grandma their Great Great Grandmother...  She would have loved these two little ladies so much!!!!

Here is Kline's...  I've been planning a hot spring escapade for almost a month but it got canceled at the last minute :( In my 3 months in Japan, I've never tried the "onsen" (Japanese for "hot spring") but I was able to experience going on a long road trip in its place :) Some things never go as we expect, but God really has a knack for surprises ^_^

Here is Roulien's:  My treasured item is a photo taken in 1995, when both my parents were still alive. It was taken at the spur of the moment, nothing posed! But every time I look at it, I'm reminded of what it feels like to be loved by your family! With us living abroad and my parents not here with us anymore, it's something I tends to forget! 

Here is Sherri'sI took this opportunity to document the unexpected blessings that came with the birth of my third child. Although 3 children in 4 years was not the way I planned it, God had a lot to teach me about humility, and grace through the experience of raising three little ones. My treasure is the pendant from a souvenir necklace I purchased the weekend I became pregnant with baby number three.


Here is Lisa's and this is what she had to say:: I altered a box to hold my treasured letters, cards and valentines that my husband and I  have exchanged in the past 11 years. I am very thankful God brought him into my life and that I waited for His timing and plan, which was not the way I thought things should work out. I  finally let God do things His way instead of trying to make things happen my way and was mightily blessed as a result.

Here is Jeannine's and this what she had to share about it:   
I am  very thankful that her two daughters have such a deep relationship with the Lord and have a strong desire to serve him. My page focuses on how both of my daughters have a servant's heart and I explain  how that is evident in their everyday life. My treasured item are the screen shots of  my daughter's Facebook walls because both of them have walls riddled with comments from family, friends, and co-workers who's lives have been touched by these two amazing young women. My husband and I  feel very blessed to have two daughters who are making a difference in this world for God. 

Wendy's Projectt: My treasures that I included were some of the notices we had received earlier this year, acceptance letters, and then I journaled on some of the cards inside of the envelopes.


 This month our sponsor is Paper Issues...

Paper Issues  is a place where you can find paper inspiration. We feature all kinds of paper artists. Every month we post a theme and you can link up your paper crafted projects. Our current theme is Holiday Madness. We would love to feature you! We would like to offer Scrapping Everyday Miracles readers an extra 30% off with the code SALE30 for the month of December. We also have a Facebook page.
Link to store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/paperissues?ref=em
Link to Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Paper-Issues/154022354631083
New theme: http://paperissues.blogspot.com/2011/11/holiday-madness.html

Here is the prize you can win!  Also dont forget the DT will be choosing their top 3 favorite layouts! 


Link your layouts by December 26th.....

5 comments:

Jeannine said...

Oh my word, so many adorable projects to inspire!!

Nicole, your page is beautiful and the photo of your daughter and your niece is just too precious! Placing the doily behind the photo was the perfect touch.

Kline, it's too bad you weren't able to do the hot spring escapade, but a road trip sounds great! Your road trip album is super cute!

Roulien, I'm always looking for new ways to do hidden journaling so I love your idea! I definitely want to try that sometime. I especially like how you have the family photo along with the hidden journaling. It's like an added treat! Being so far from family as you are, I can understand why this page is so meaningful to you.

Sherri, your page is so precious! I read your post on your blog and wanted to say how much I appreciate you sharing your story with us. You really have a way with words! As I'd mentioned a moment ago about Roulien's page, I'm always looking for creative ways to do hidden journaling and I must say I've never seen one quite like yours. It was hidden so well I had to search for it after I found out you had it on there! LOL I'll tuck that idea in my inspiration file for future reference because I love it!

Lisa, your altered box is absolutely stunning! I love that you created it to hold all the little treasures that you and your husband have exchanged over the years. You've inspired me to make one too! It sounds like you have a lot of little treasures in that box too. :)

Debbie said...

What a wonderful challenge and such inspiration from the DT. I have a layout to submit, but can't find where you link it. Here is a link to my blog:
http://lovelifeslittlepleasures.blogspot.com/2011/12/celebrate-life-sketchy-thursdays-1201.html

Nicole Brenna said...

Okay Inlinkz is up and going... sorry about that!

Debbie said...

Thanks!

Agnes Tan said...

I am late for this challenge. Nevertheless, this is my LO - http://myscrapmess.blogspot.com/2011/12/i-am-thankful.html

Thanks for looking.